FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Christmas Carol vignette

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumblejeep44

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: A Christmas Carol vignette Reply with quote

In the spirit of the holidays, here is my vignette from Dickens' A Christmas Carol;

Pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1507624

Gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=156099

(I'm aware that Scrooge should be in his nightgown, but I don't have a white stocking cap!)

Merry Christmas to all!
ThePaleMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a white pirate doo-rag?

nice vig, btw.

TPM
ZombieAthos
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! Blast you! I was just last night planning that exact vignette scene. Using the exact same head for Scrooge even... hadn't decided on the night clothes outfit yet though. My Marley design is almost identical too, though I'd planned on using the Hogwarts ghost head...

But I must say I like it. Maybe needs a little more background/scenery to it. Perhaps a clock and easy-chair, or some gold in a chest?

How did you make Marley levitate? And the lightsabers on the fireplace stay put?

Steve
bumblejeep44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paleman: I don't have a white pirate cap, just a red one from the baracuda.

Athos wrote:
Gah! Blast you! I was just last night planning that exact vignette scene. Using the exact same head for Scrooge even... hadn't decided on the night clothes outfit yet though. My Marley design is almost identical too, though I'd planned on using the Hogwarts ghost head...

But I must say I like it. Maybe needs a little more background/scenery to it. Perhaps a clock and easy-chair, or some gold in a chest?

How did you make Marley levitate? And the lightsabers on the fireplace stay put?

Don't let me stop you; Great minds must think alike! Wink
I deliberately left the room bare of decoration save the candlesticks. Considering Scrooge is a miser, I've always pictured him in an sparse, old paneled room from the period painted green. There should be a chair, but I don't have the parts to make a proper wingback. I wish I knew how to more accurately portray paneling, wainscoting and crown moldings, but again, not enough parts.

Marley is suspended by a lightsaber hilt from the fireplace. The candlesticks are simply sitting on top of the mantle.

Thanks everyone; Merry Christmas!
bruce n h

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BumbleJeep,

Great vig! I blogged it on VB. I do agree that a clock would be a good addition, or some other wall detail on the non-fireplace wall.

Bruce
bumblejeep44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce; Those are some fantastic Christmas vignettes!
spotfrog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could use a chair and something on the walls, but's pretty cool otherwise. The way you made the ghost hover is very convincing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: