FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diplomat-class gunship: My Slave lll

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schism

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Diplomat-class gunship: My Slave lll Reply with quote

Greetings FBTB!
By now many of you must be familiar with the Slave lll contest over in the contests forum. With the deadline a little more than a week away and my first day of school a mere 12 hours away, I took this opportunity to post my entry here before I vanish behind a staggering pile of homework and other assorted misery. Without further ado, I present the Slave lll.

MOCpages
Brickshelf

Please feel free to tell me what you think! All comments, questions, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
Unit 186

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just saw that on brickshelf...

It looks really good. I like Boba's jetpack, too. The cells, the vertical windows, the entrance ramp...it's great.

Only one thing - the main body looks a bit, well, boxy. Maybe you should make it a bit more aerodynamic.
Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats a nice ship..
FettMan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Awesome ship!!! 9.9/10!! Although it does look a bit boxy, its very cool!
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proof is in the details!
I love the guns, the greebles and the landing gear!
Interior looks great too along with the holding area.

Is the pistol a custom job or from Jeff's Armory?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see a new kid in the cockpit,
What does this do?
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fmoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very cool looking ship. Lots of nice details, and it actually looks very comfortable inside! That unfurling ramp, complete with a hatch to seal the opening, is a very cool feature. The one aspect about this model that I don't care for too much are the white rounded intake structures that stick out on top; they just look out of place to me, but that's just my opinion.

While the ship looks great, it doesn't seem to really have much resemblance to the Slave I and the characteristics that made it my favorite ship, such as its trademark shape and dual configurations (horizontal & vertical). Then again, the Slave II really doesn't look anything like the Slave I, and that's supposed to be an official ship. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, nice job! Hopefully it doesn't discourage too many people from entering the contest. Wink

Dennis
(Slave II suxors!)

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a high-quality MOC. Lots of studless-ness, and good greebling. Tight color scheme...

I don't think you can lose the contest with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan716 wrote:

*Goes crying in a dark corner.*

*Comes back, wipes off tears with a sleeve of his t-shirt*

That's a really nice ship. I like how it's big and takes up alot of space, just like Jango and Boba's Slave I did. The briggs are very nicely done, and the overall interior fits nicely. The greebles are really nice and don't stick out from the general shape of the ship.

Like fmoo, I kinda dissapointed that it doesn't look anything like the Slave I, like the vertical mode, the rotating guns or the color.

But overall, a really great design for a medium transport ship.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fmoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
*Goes crying in a dark corner.*

For everyone who was considering building something for the contests, definitely don't let entries like this discourage you. The only way one can hope to compete with great builders like Schism is to practice and build lots of MOCs. If you're not confident enough to enter the contest, that's fine. Build a Slave (it's fun!) anyways, show it off here, and ask for suggestions on how to improve.

Dennis

fmoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I forgot to mention in my original post:

I really like how the nose of the ship appears to slope down. Or is that just an impression given from ship's angle in the pictures and the big flat slope bricks on top?

puffzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome! How much do you want for it? I will pay up to $150!
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always amazing to see minifig-sized starships! Especially when they feature that intense level of detail as you have embedded here. All the greebly things on the hull look very starship-like. And the interior looks like the perfect home for a bounty hunter! Smile

~ Chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThePaleMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: I know how much you love white but... Reply with quote

I always enjoy your work, as you know and I felt that this ship was no exception. I love the rear view of the ship especially, with the ramp and the big damn engines. Very nice stuff. I also like the controls, great use odf those robot body pieces. The butresses on the sides are interesting as well. I'm just not sure if I like it in white. Too republic for me. But, I do love the backstory.

TPM
Akaia0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great, high-quality, high-detailed MOC. I love it. The controls, the armaments, all of it is great. The only thing I don't like, like TPM said, is the colour. I think this would look even more 00ber in the same colours as BF's Slave I.
joseph_obrien88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really good set, I agree with Unit 186 on everything bar one point- I think the boxiness suits it, especially how you described it- "Diplomat Class Gunship".

I like the colour scheme, white suits diplomats perfectly (think the inside of a blockade runner Wink). Well done!

- JSmileE

- Commander Cody, Episode III Novelisation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darktide

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive....most impressive. The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this ship was; wow, that thing looks like it can hand out and take some punishment. The overall shape is quite imposing and I think it ties in well with the Slave II. I don't mind your use of white although I imagine Boba flying around in something not quite so conspicuous. The size and your attention to detail are what really make this ship stand out. Just enough greeblies to add a level of realism but not too many to distract from the overall form. The prisoner cages are a nice touch and well done landing gear always give a model an extra edge. Hats off to you sir!
MandalorianCrush

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ship. 11/10. greAt job.
Schism

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great big thank-yous go out to everyone who replied here, and for those of you who wrote reviews over at MOCpages. Only with helpful feedback like this can people hope to improve, and it's what I owe much of my success as a builder to. Thanks very much.

I'm too lazy to reply to each of you individually, but below I've addessed several of the most common topics you kind folks have brought up:

Boxy - You people make it sound like it was an accident! Not at all. That's the very look I had in mind, and since Slave ll is quite boxy, it was definately a feature I wanted to incorporate.

Boba's pistol - Yep, it's from Jeff's Armory.

Doesn't look like the other Slaves - True. To a certain extent. I agree that it doesn't resemble Slave l much, but in return, I gave my model other features from the ship. Such as: hidden weapons, prisoner cages, boarding ramp, etc. It doesn't fly the same, but if I wanted to make a Slave l, I would have. As I explained above, it looks a great deal more similar to Slave ll. And, they're made by the same company.

Color - White was not my first choice either. It was, however, the most abundant color in my collection when I began work on this. In the future, I would like very much to build it in greens and greys, but for the moment, I'm pretty happy with the white.

Again, thank you again for all of your kind words of support, and of course your suggestions. If I'm a talented builder at all, I owe it to the feedback I've gotten on this website over the last few years. Thank you all.

MOCpages gallery
We all make choices. But in the end... our choices make us.
Mirage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have managed to get on the computer despite the piles of notes and homework this year has offered. Well once again the SNOT and greeblies are excellent work on this ship. One of my favorite features had to be the prison cells, it is great how you were able to have them function as they do. That boarding ramp is also very clever since you were able to compact such a big ramp into a small area. I'm still wondering what got that blacktron guy into boba fetts prison cell. Cool

Perhaps the reason people feel the need to think that it must resemble the slave 1 is because of how the movies have always made their ships look similar to show the transition. Enough of my rambling, great work. Oh and just keep that thing out of the light unless you are going for a weathered look Wink .

Proud owner of a get out of trout whack free card. These babies are limited edition!
Neyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say! Very Happy
I Like The shape, design, color!

Good Work!

Neyo
warhawk
G.I. Brick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now how could I miss this thread so far?

It certainly is an interesting design! Especially those thingies on the front end of the engines make it look very unique. There's also some great greebly-ing on this ship.
legomaster324

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this ship looks like the ship from starwars bounty hunter
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: