FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did no one tell me about the Polizei stickers?!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Why did no one tell me about the Polizei stickers?! Reply with quote

I only recently became aware that a number of City: Police sets from the past few years include alternate decals, to label vehicles either "POLICE" or the German "POLIZEI." Yow! How nifty is that? Alternate deco possibilities like this are one thing I do like about decals, which I otherwise tend not to care for. I'm also gratified by this particular variation, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps it's a different subjective response to the police in the two countries, or just the feeling of any non-English European language's word for "police" that somehow tickles me, but whatever.

This one, seemingly trivial little detail has me actually interested in a slew of these sets, whereas before I was if anything a bit put off by what I've seen as an over-representation of police in recent City sets. Those little stickers, all by themselves, have taken me from having only the bare minimum interest in the whole line (I don't want to say "no interest," since any LEGO at all has some interest for me, but that would be it) to wanting a bunch of them, and I just included two copies apiece of two of the small '05 Police sets in an order I placed at Shop at Home last night.

I just wish I'd known about this earlier! In particular, I wish I'd known before what I understand has been a color scheme change in the deco. If I have it right, the earlier versions of these sets had black and white decals for "Police" and green and white ones for "Polizei," but later versions of the sets use blue and white for both, correct? I wonder whether there's any way to get the green and white originals for those sets that came with them; I really, really want green and white polizei units. I presume the later sets are all blue-only, so I'll have no choice but blue for, say, the 2008 Police Helicopter (does it have "polizei" stickers too? I haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere), but for something like the 2005 Police Car, I'd really prefer the green ones, if possible...

Blast it - if only I'd known before...
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new helicopter does have "polizei" stickers, and they are blue and white. I don't know exactly where to find the old stickers, but I would reccomend checking Bricklink.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much what I figured, though of course it'd be best if I could just get them out of the box straight from LEGO. I wonder whether it'd be possible to get them from LEGO CS. For that matter, I haven't yet received those first four small sets I ordered (two copies each of the 7236 Police Car and the 7235 Police Motorcycle), so I don't actually know which colors they have, though I assume they're blue (in fact I don't know whether the motorcycle ever had black & green, but I know the car did).

Just so I'm clear, I do have the facts right - right? That is, the 2005 sets that included both languages all started out with black for English and green for German, and at some point in the past three years they stopped doing black & green sheets and started doing all blue ones, including the ones in sets that had already come out with black & green decals? Or are there any sets that kept black & green for as long as they were produced (and are there still any being produced)?

Also, does anyone have a list of all the Police sets that include Polizei stickers? Should I just assume it applies to all Police sets since 2005? And is 2005 indeed the first year they started doing that, or are there even earlier ones (not counting ancient history like sets they might've done in the '70s through '90s - I'm just wondering about sets recent enough that I can still find them in stores and so on)?
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do have the facts right. The motorcycle did have black and green and it might still in Europe (Europeans let me know if I'm right or wrong) because I picked one up in the Netherlands in July and it had the black and green.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! Very Happy And if anyone else has answers to the rest of my questions, I'm all ears...
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate it.

Any other info will also be appreciated! Seriously, I know others here probably could hardly care less, but for me these stickers are a Big Deal. They've singlehandedly turned the entire last three years or more of Police sets from being a line in which I had marginal interest to being one I'm actively seeking out at least some of the sets, and I ordered four sets (small ones, but still) because of them, and plan to buy more.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the Draykov sticker repository (or Bricklink) for other stickers you might have missed. It's a bit outdated, but it's better than nothing. Consider yourself informed. Wink

Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

¡Gracias!
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you not stalking me around the forums and hanging upon my every word, let it be known I recently received my latest Shop at Home order, complete with two of the Police Cars and two of the Police Motorcycles. The latter have green and black decals! Woohoo!

Yes, I'm so easily pleased sometimes.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the photos on Shop@Home show pics of the sets with blue stickers. Wonder why they changed 'em. I guess they didn't change them all yet. Smile
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Zekk's posts above indicates he picked one up in the Netherlands just a couple months ago that still had the black and green decals, and I noticed my own two sets came in more "European"-style packaging - that is, essentially the same design as the boxes here, only without the set name or piece count printed on it, and no "small parts - choking hazard" warning printed "natively" on the box, either - instead, it has a sticker applied to communicate the small parts choke hazard.

Given what Zekk said about recently getting a European set that has the old decals, I'm wondering whether perhaps this means a) they've just kept the green / black stickers in certain regions, and b) are for some reason selling those European packagings of the sets through Shop at Home (with the choking hazard sticker added to comply with US child product safety laws). Might any better-informed persons here be able to give us the skinny?
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in town this morning and noticed that our local toy store has both versions of the 7236 police car on the shelves.

The packaging of the "old" police sets is interesting in that it does not have an actual front or back. The one side shows the English set with the black and the other side has the German in green. (Strangely the shop had them all with the black facing forward...) The "new" sets have conventional box art of the English blue (large image on the front and several close-ups on the back).

Some of the fire sets also have a choice of stickers - FIRE or FEUERWEHR, but I have only ever seen them with one box art. With the 7239 truck this could be simply because the text is not visible in any of the images, so there is no need to show both versions.

BTW the reason for LEGO's change in the police sets is probably that the German police is actually changing from the green & white to a blue & silver colour scheme. European harmonization and all that...
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Gingerbeard Man!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: