FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight movie thread (beware of spoilers!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombsta' Bo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was blown away by the Dark Knight on Sunday. And I want to see it again.

Lego Apple: What wasn't realistic about Two-Face?> How his face was burnt or his suduction to evil?

Oh, and Joker as a cross-dressing nurse=win. Wink

the Master: You serious? 300 was a terrible movie. It was sorta cool when I watched it with friends, but when I let it sink in, and I was like, "Yeah, stupid." The special effects "style" wasn't my cup o' tea, I thought they were worse than IJ and the KOTCS's CGI. Really, I think 300 is more of a bedtime story. My opinion, though, no matter who may disagree.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta' Bo wrote:

Oh, and Joker as a cross-dressing nurse=win.

Laughing I almost forgot about that scene. I laughed pretty hard when seeing him walking out of the hospital. And then it was topped off when he couldn't get half of the bombs to blow. Razz

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masta' Bo wrote:
Lego Apple: What wasn't realistic about Two-Face?> How his face was burnt or his suduction to evil?
Well for the fact that there is no way you could survive with half your face blown off, and with your bones showing. You would lose tons of blood and would be in no fit state to go around shooting people like a crazed madman the very next day. I just think they should have just let Harvey Dent not be Two Face in this one, that way it would be setting it up for another film.

Or perhaps I am making to much of a deal out of a movie that is supposed to be entertaining and should just chill. (Sorry about getting all wound up Masta' Bo. I just get kinda excited sometimes.)
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, heres the thing about burns, when your skin gets burned it automatically cauterizes the veins and capillaries, making them sealed off, and you have to remove more of the burned skin once it starts peeling, so there was too much damaged skinto keep on his face and they removed it, which included his eyelid, ear, cheek etc. So that does make it probable that he could survive in a state like that, albeit your open burn wound would most likely get immediately infected because of the environment, but its still quite probable Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found his zombie face more believable than the Tumbler driving on rooftops in the first one. Though in that state his eye would probably dry up like a raisin. And on the topic of believability I'm glad that the joker was indeed wearing makeup and not that his skin was discolored so conveniently.
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Two Face's raw jaw muscles were showing, and that can't be good for your health. I try not to fret over unscientific details like that, since it ruins the fun.

Like Emperor said, having half of your face exposed to germs in the air makes infection very likely. I would duct tape some sanitized plastic wrap or something over the burnt side of my head to keep it protected and at the same time, scare the crap out of people Smile

『 <3 』
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
There are many avatars made by the Count which are still unused. They are all superb and would look great alongside your name. Wink So come on guys, grab a new avatar! Cool Don't forget to thank him when you're done, he puts alot of love in when making them. Smile

Hate to go off topic, but thanks for the link, as soon as I saw this I had to change it. Anyone who's been here a while should know why. Wink

Anyway, hmm, movies. Well, the last movie I saw was The Dark Knight, so I suppose I could give a little story as to my experience. Since my brother had Batman Begins on DVD, and I hadn't seen it, we decided to watch it before we saw the film. Luckily the movie ended an hour befor we had to leave. We left at 11:00, and got inside the theater at about 11:30, a half hour before it started. It wasn't too crowded when we got there. We were going to see it with friends, and we met up with them inside the theater. During the previews, we actually saw a preview for the Dark Knight.

After the movie, we all hung out outside for a little bit, and talked about the movie. Also, some cigars were passed around (yes, real cigars, like the kind you smoke), and, don't tell anyone, but I would've tried one, if my older brother weren't standing right there.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You havenít had a good cigar until you smoke Cubans, but thatís an entirely different movie.
The Department of Redundancy Department
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers!!

I just saw the Dark Knight yesterday, and it was awsome. Heath did an outstanding job as the Joker, and met ever expectation I had, and more. The film was probally some of the best 2 and a half hours of my life. It did have some minor flaws in my opinion, I didn't like the ending very much, but atleast it left it wide open for a sequel, which everyone wants. And not enough Joker action IMO, but oh well, still awsome.

Now as for a sequel, one can only dream of who could be in it. I would love to see The Joker back in the sequel, since he was arrested and left at that in the film, he could have gotten away for all we know. Even if he has a small role, I WANT JOKER AGAIN. They would have to recast him, and it would be difficult to find another actor with the talent Ledger gave as the Joker, but I know I'm not alone when I say I want more Joker. Two-Face, meh, I don't really like him much, just not my favorite villian, but I'm sure he'll be back. But what everyone is speculating is that Catwomen will be in the next film, because of the forshadowing of her my Lucias in the film.

I doubt Riddler will be in the next film, because its either Riddler, or Two-Face, not both. Because thats been done, and good or bad, everyone would be comparing it to Batman Forever. Some people have said they would like Killer Croc, and I would to. He seems perfect for the direction these films are going, he is dark and scary and fits very well in these films.

So I could see either Two-Face and Catwomen, or a combination of Croc and Catwomen. I just really don't want Two Face though, I want something new, so give us Riddler, and forget Two-Face.

Last edited by thrasher zombie on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, spoiler warning. Confused Everyone hasn't seen it.

Yet.

So far, if I hadn't already seen it, the movie's major plot points would've been spoiled had I clicked on this thread. Spoiler warnings are our friends. Smile

And as far as Catwoman goes, I doubt she'll be in it.

"David Goyer ruled out using the Penguin or Catwoman as a villain in a future film."
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, sorry. I had to write this quick and forgot Confused , but I put a spoiler warning on it now Smile And thats why I stayed away from this thread for the past week or two Razz

But if that statement was true, then why would Two-Face be in the films. Obvioulsy Joker needs to be here, but not necesarilly Two-Face. Though, I guess if they were going to have Dent in the films, they HAD to put Two-Face in here somewhere. But I'll just hope for Killer Croc for now...
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm not sure Croc would keep with the "real" tone of the films, then again, he was in Gotham Knight (prequel to Dark Knight). Nolan said he would probably have Riddler in the next film. Which we need. I haven't be able to look at the Riddler since Batman Forever, ick! Razz

So maybe we could see a combo of Croc, Deadshot, and Riddler.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would an awsome combination. I don't think Jim Carrey gave The Riddler justice, he wasn't completly horrible, but not great or anything. Not as bad as Mr.Freeze. Those horrible puns still haunt me.

Even though Croc doesn't keep with the "real" tone of the film, I could see it working in there, and he isn't cartoony or anything.
strwrs429

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Andrew"] Gotham Knight (prequel to Dark Knight). quote] Don't you mean Batman Begins?
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an animated prequel film realesed a couple weeks before the actual movie was realesed. It was called Gotham Knight. It was never in theaters, just DVD.
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Riddler seems like the practical choice for the next villain as long as he is done right. And someone on another forum pointed out that the man from Wayne Enterprise that knew Batman's identity was named Mr. Reese.

Mr. Reese
Mysteries

As in previous films; Mystery=Mr. E=Mr. Edward Nigma, one of the Riddlers from films past.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard that also. And that seems like it might be possible, but I don't think they are going to try and change around the story of the comics, and would probally stick with Edward Nigma.But, I really do hope Riddler will be in the next film, I love that character, and it is perfect to take the place of the Joker. But for whatever villians they choose, I just hope they get the perfect actor to play the role...
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

Hate to be a killjoy guys, but didn't Harvey die in The Dark Knight? Wink It'd be kind of hard to have him back for a sequel, if he's deceased. Razz
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clever thing to slip in there, but I can't imagine how the Riddler would be hardcorified like Joker and Twoface were so successfully. But Reese obviously wants money and already knows who Batman is, so he could have quite the intricate blackmail scheme going toying with revealing Bruce and bringing Wayne Enterprises to its knees. If this is the case, that's some slick foreshadowing they slipped in.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see him being hardcorified. I can only imagine the sick, dark riddles he'd make up. Shocked

However, I'm not sure if I'd like Reese as the Riddler. Confused

Quote:
Andrew wrote:
Gotham Knight (prequel to Dark Knight).
Don't you mean Batman Begins

No, look at my post again. I said prequel, not sequel. Gotham Knight was a PREQUEL to The Dark Knight. Smile

The Master wrote:
Just seen a trailer on the telly for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. I knew it was in production but never thought it would be out this quickly! Shocked Hmm, no Rachel Weisz. Not good. Confused

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mummy:_Tomb_of_the_Dragon_Emperor

Wow, the trailer has been up for a few months, at played before almost every movie I gone to see in the past few months.

And I know, no Weisz. Yay. Very Happy

Wink
bedaho

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! TDK was amazing! I hope they have Bane In the third one. That storyline would allow for a lot of cool villans.

I[lllllll]EEE[]l/=====================
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mr. Reese could be pretty cool as The Riddler, but he sure didn't seem like the smartest guy in the world. Haha. And I think the Riddler should be ridiculously intelligent, even more intelligent than Lucias Fox.

I also think it would be pretty easy to make him pretty dark. I know a lot of people don't like that animated show The Batman, but I thought The Riddler was really cool in that, even if he looked just like Marilyn Manson. I think they could do The Riddler a lot like that, but make him look different. maybe put him in a green suit with glasses and stuff. Make him look like a nerd, but a cool looking nerd. I just don't want a funny, cheesy Riddler like in Batman Forever or in the 60's show.

I also think Bane would fit really well into the Dark Knight/Batman Begins world, but I don't know how they'd do that story. I mean, they could definitely do the whole first part of the Knightfall story, where Bane breaks everyone out of Arkham so Batman will tire himself out rounding them up, and so Bane can watch him and learn his weaknesses while making him more and more weak. They could even have villains they've already shown but in small little scenes, like Two-Face, Joker, Scarecrow, Zsasz, and maybe even put Firefly and Croc in it. And maybe Bane could even break Batman's back. The problem with that though is there's the whole storyline where someone takes over for Batman, and that wouldn't really fit in the movie I don't think. And also, the Knightfall thing would be weird without Robin or Nightwing.

Of course they wouldn't have to follow that whole story or anything, and maybe have the story go in a different direction than the whole back-breaking thing.

Yes, I have put a lot of thought into all of this. Haha.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by the looks of The Dark Knight, I don't think we need to worry about them making any of the characters cheesy. Bane could work, but it would be interesting to see how he becomes who he is. They could have it be some army experiment go wrong, trying to make a super-human for the army, and it all goes bad.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long post ahead, but give it a read.

Sorry to burst your bubble gentlemen, but there alot of people saying there won't be a third Nolan Batman flick. Yes, I'm as sad about it as everyone is, but Heath Ledger's death cast quite the shadow on the Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan has explicitly stated that his Batman series works on a movie by movie basis, so there is not obligation to fulfill. Also, The Joker sets the bar reeeeeeeally high in terms of villains, so high that very many are saying the chances of a Batman 3 are low. In following with TDK's storyline, the Joker was very likely intended to continue on into the series.

On another note, the idea that Reese might be the Riddler sounds great, but it might be stretching it-I fully agree with Daniel Yuhas that the Riddler should be a highly-intelligent person, and Reese just strikes me as comic relief/plot device. My brother was also saying The Riddler could be the only possible villain. I really like the idea of him being a sociopathic nerd who throws hardcorified (to borrow the phrase from Don) riddles at people. The riddles presented in Batman Forever were completely and uttely dumb, but some riddles in Batman: The Animated Series were pretty intelligent. One involved the Riddler sending a giant Chinese puzzle box to Gotham PD headquarters, which contained a virtual reality computer that trapped Batman inside and solving pretty smart riddles.

I would love Bane, I actually wrote a fan-fiction screenplay with Bane as the man villain, with the characterisation of Batman based on the version Christopher Nolan gave us: Batman: Masked Souls. Of course, this is another shameless plug and I am in no way comparing myself to the screenwriters of the new Batman films, but have a look and imagine what it might be like. Trasher, personally I would like if they stuck with the original origin story of Bane growing up as a child in a prison, and later injected with an experimental compound with the intention of killing him. The super-soldier gone wrong has just been done in The Incredible Hulk, and even before then has been done to the death.

Since I'm done with speculating, I might as well comment a little more on The Dark Knight-I did write a proper review which is here a few pages back. The image of The Joker in the nurse outfit was utterly disturbing, but I really liked Two-Face. Of course, you wouldn't be able to walk around, let alone speak with open wounds of that condition, but at the very least they made it look quite true-to-life and much, much more believable than Tommy Lee Jones's misguided portrayal in Batman Forever. I mean, it looked like his face was splashed with paint

In case no one has mentioned this earlier, the trailer for a Punisher reboot named Punisher: War Zone is out. I'm quite disappointed with it: it's full of ridiculous slo-mo explosions and even a scene in which the Punisher shoots baddies while hanging upside down from a chandelier. I know. When will moviemakers learn that slo-mo John Woo-style gunplay doesn't work with everything, and definitely not the Punisher? I liked Thomas Jane alot and don't have a problem with Ray Stevenson (the new guy), but really the Punisher has always been a gritty, grim character, and the overt use of flamboyant shoot 'em up work really has the trailer making me expect lower than low.

><>
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the HUGE amount of money this film is making, I think there's just as much chance for a Batman 3, as there was for The Dark Knight, right after Batman Begins we released. Just like with Begins, no one knows for sure if there will be a sequel.

And as far as him saying it was a "movie by movie basis", I'm pretty sure he means that he's not going to make two movies at he same time, like they did with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Everyone panicking saying "there won't be a third film, Nolan isn't signed on" is reminding me of how when Iron Man was a hit, since Jon Favreau wasn't signed on for a second film, everyone thought "GASP HE WON'T BE BACK FOR IRON MAN 2! NOOOO!"... and guess what? He signed on for a second film.

Just give it some time. There's definitely going to be a third film, whether or not Nolan comes back is yet to be determined. However, just because someone isn't signed on for a sequel, doesn't mean they won't return.

I'm sure they didn't have Nolan sign up for three films because they were unsure of Batman Begins. And even though we all loved it so much, it wasn't a HUGE hit at the box office. But, since just about everyone has seen it, and loved it, and the Dark Knight is such a hit, I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to get Nolan back for a third film
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, studios will do anything for money, and pretty much put a sequel onto any movie that does well, and even if the sequel is a bust, they still make a third film because people will go see it.

I have a great feeling that we will see a third film, even if Nolen doesn't direct it, which would be ashame. Becuase the studios will make the next film for money, good film or not. Which is kind of sad to think about it like that, but just look at past movies similair to those situations.

But I think Nolan will come back, he even said that he wants to make this a trilogy. And I think Christian Bale is signed on for a three movies, as well as Morgan Freeman and the actor who plays Commisioner Gordan (actor sliped my mind)
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if anyone's interested, I found the script for The Dark Knight at the local Barnes and Noble yesterday. Being curious, I flipped to the last scene, where it plainly states that Two-Face dies from a broken neck at the end of the movie.

I know they can do what they want, since it was just the shooting script, but it is interesting to know that, as intended in the script, Harvey dies.
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. So Batman broke his rule I guess...

Yeah I caught the movie today as soon as I could (damn this country) and it did not disappoint. Fantastic.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who said he broke his rule? Two face could have broken his neck from the fall.

I finally managed to see Batman Begins today actually, very good movie. And now I am going to go see Dark Knight ..again. So somethings I might not have gotten the first time will make more sense, since I have seen Begins, now.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoilers:
He pushed Harvey, he killed him. Though he may not look at it that way (like how in the first movie, he caused the train to crash, and refused to save Rahs Al Ghul, and yet in his mind, he didn't kill him, he just didn't save him) it was his actions that caused Harvey's death.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: