FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight movie thread (beware of spoilers!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually he impaled the man's head on a pencil through his eye. Wink
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know it was his eye? It happened all too fast for me to tell where exactly the pencil hit.

Though that scene was still one of my favourites.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
How do you know it was his eye? It happened all too fast for me to tell where exactly the pencil hit.

Though that scene was still one of my favourites.

Yeah I didn't know where it went either...just enjoyed it. Wink
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
Actually he impaled the man's head on a pencil through his eye. Wink
Oh, excuse me. Wink

And DD and ThinkingImpaired, it was either his eye or his mouth. Joker slammed him down way too fast for it to go up his nose, and... Well, when you find an eraser that can puncture skin, let me know. And come to think of it, if he had shoved it in his mouth, the guy would've been choking and gagging, so... Yeah.

Oh, hey, can someone tell me what the point was of the scene where Batman was beating up all of the mob guys in that wrestling arena? It seemed to only last 20 seconds long, and I didn't see what the point of it was...

Proud member of the AFEC
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not that I've seen the film yet but.......) maybe he wanted to see what it was like - after hearing that Spiderman once had a fight in a wrestling arena (of sorts)?? Wink What's the design like? Anything close to what Peter Parker found himself in with Bonesaw? Neutral

Of course, The Dark Knight and Spiderman are in no way connected. Batman didn't "hear" about Spidey. Laughing
Zombie Typo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Well, it might not have been a wrestling arena. It was this wierd place with weird flickering colored lights, and batman was 1-upping all of these gangsters on what looked like a catwalk. Again, it might not have been a wrestling arena, but it seemed like that type of atmosphere. Confused

Proud member of the AFEC
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the parking garage at the beginning of the film? Either way, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "you don't get the point"... Isn't it obvious? Batman beats up bad guys.

Seems pretty clear what the point is to me.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not talking about that part. That part made sense. The part I'm talking about happened more towards the middle of the film, and it seemed completely random. That Italian Crime lord whose driver was Killed by Two-Face was in the scene, and Bats was beating up all of these mobsters... One of 'em fell down some stairs... And there were these flashing colored lights and this booming music, and it was also very dark.

Proud member of the AFEC
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
No, I'm not talking about that part. That part made sense. The part I'm talking about happened more towards the middle of the film, and it seemed completely random. That Italian Crime lord whose driver was Killed by Two-Face was in the scene, and Bats was beating up all of these mobsters... One of 'em fell down some stairs... And there were these flashing colored lights and this booming music, and it was also very dark.

It was a dance club (I believe), and he was there to get Maroni. And it wasn't a catwalk, but I believe they were on the second floor of the club, and there was a railing and stuff.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that scene. Yeah, it made sense. He was very upset, and beat up the guys to get to Maroni.

See, it's easy to forget these things. I need to see it again, obviously. Wink
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have to say I really enjoyed Hellboy II, fun film that didn't take itself too seriously and had alot of laughs. Maybe not on the same level as The Dark Knight or Iron Man but still great.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an easy to miss sequence where Batman was tracking down Maroni's cronies at what is most likely a mob-run dance club. I loved the juxtaposition of the amazing fight moves with the thumping music and disco lights. It was a very good contrast. What I don't think I've said is I've enjoyed all the fights in this film. Just like in Batman Begins, Batman employs the Keysi fighting method which is a mix of street fighting, jujitsu and wushu. It's very realistic and intimidating, especially when he's brutalizing the Joker in the interrogation room, and the sod just keeps on laughing. Intense. As for my mum, she didn't quite enjoy the movie as she was way too freaked out by Heath Ledger's performance. She liked it as a "good movie in a bad way".

The performance from Heath was amazing, he gave his life's work into the Joker. Unfortunately, both my Mum and I agree that his intensity was the most likely reason for its death. On really close inspection, it's easy to see how the role could have crept under his skin. Of course, this theory is supposed to be all tabloid fodder, but Jack Nicholson himself warned Heath Ledger about the detriments of playing the Joker. Even Nicholson's less-demented evil old uncle act caused him sleepless nights. Ledger's preparation of locking himself up in a hotel room for 30 days, immersing himself into the Clown Prince Of Crime...just an opinion, but I suppose it was too much.

><>
Zombie Typo
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks, TheBohrok!... And Daniel, and Andrew, and Jedd!!

Maybe the reason I didn't catch on to that part was 'cause I had to take a leak and I was holding it in for the last 1/3 or so of the movie! Mad

Proud member of the AFEC
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I saw Batman about a week ago, (in Vegas, just like Firespray, which is kinda cool), and I loved it!

The whole film was vrey well structured, and Ledger was great as the Joker, he was so sinister, yet so very funny. I thought his introduction to the mobsters was great, and his disappearing pencil gag was a total laugh out loud moment. He played the role perfectly, from the laugh to the look of total disinterest after he blew the hospital down.

I was glad to see Lt./Comissioner Gordon getting more of a prominent role, instead of getting snuck up on in a variety of darkened rooms by Batters. Batters himself had some good lines too, and the wisecracks about his suit and his maul-wounds were some great jokes.

These comedic moments were nice, as they gave some variety to the really intense thriller scenes, such as when the Joker was about to slice open someones mouth with his catchphrase "Why so serious?", or when Batter's girlfriend got blown to smithereens (I mean, WOW, did anyone actually expect her to die, and Batman not to rescue her?)

My only gripe was with Havey Dents inclusion. He seemed too prominent, which took the focus off of the two main characters a bit. He also seemed too well-defined, as he got killed off at the end of the film. Personally, I'd have left him alive but mad and scarred in hospital, so that he could come and be the villain for the third film.

My final thought was: wow, they blew up the Tumbler! Eh? It just turned into a bike! Great film!
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
Okay, I saw Batman about a week ago, (in Vegas, just like Firespray, which is kinda cool), and I loved it!

Hehe did you see it in that theater on the strip where they're doing some construction? Razz
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm finally seeing Dark Knight today. Yay! Let me tell you, it's been hell trying to avoid all the spoilers here. You know, you should always do spoilers like this:

Quote:
Spoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

So that casual readers who miss the usual alerts don't accidentally get the the whole moviegoing experience ruined for them. But, I digress. I'll finally be able to see Dark Knight, and then see all the spoiler related things concerning it. Let's just hope that the tickets aren't sold out...
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only caught one post, a few pages back that didn't have a spoiler warning.
Keep in mind, a spoiler is something the can ruin the movie, not mentioning a fight scene, or possible villains in the next movie. Besides that, you're pretty much warned by the title of the thread, that you might get a spoiler or two by clicking the thread.

I guess if you can't read the "spoiler" warning before a post, you probably can't read the spoiler, so it's all good. Razz
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
CommanderJake wrote:

Hehe did you see it in that theater on the strip where they're doing some construction? Razz

Unfortunately not... Razz
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
Well, I'm finally seeing Dark Knight today. Yay! Let me tell you, it's been hell trying to avoid all the spoilers here. You know, you should always do spoilers like this:

Quote:
Spoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler

So that casual readers who miss the usual alerts don't accidentally get the the whole moviegoing experience ruined for them. But, I digress. I'll finally be able to see Dark Knight, and then see all the spoiler related things concerning it. Let's just hope that the tickets aren't sold out...

I just never read the Dark Knight thread until I saw the movie. Simple as that. Why would anyone want to talk about the movie if they haven't even seen it anyway?
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a movie thread in general, so likely things other than the Dark Knight will be discussed.

No spoilers in here, so read with ease.

Well, anyways, I have FINALLY seen the Dark Knight, and it was great. I liked how they did the whole Two-Face story, but my main complaint is that they should've..they..DANG IT! As much as I would like to complain about the movie, I can't! Everything that happened had to happen, otherwise the movie wouldn't have been as good. It was a beautifully designed and powerful film.

Quote:
One thing I liked is how they were able to make Two-Face's face look EXACTLY as it does in the animated series. It was freaky! Another thing I liked was that it explained how his face was exactly split in half. Most everywhere else, we see him seared with acid, but come on. From what we see of the burn, that's bound to only leave splotches. How would he make exactly half of his face grotesque? Does he take more acid and burn the rest of his face off?

ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the comics, his faced wasn't burned off, it was melted. Pretty much half of his face looked like a 100 year old purple dude, who stroked out.

For the movie, they changed it so the burn ended up going down to the bone, unlike in the comics. Nolan said he was going for a "unrealalistic Pirates of the Caribbean look". Smile

Keeping on the Dark Knight topic, I read the Long Halloween a while back, I didn't like it at all. However, I was around eight years old when I read it.
Since finding out a lot more about Batman, I'd really like to read it again.
obxcrew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD

I myself was very impressed with The Dark Knight. Though when I first walked out of the theater, I had mixed feelings, a thorough reading of the plot outline on Wikipedia set me straight. The film was so intense that it was a bit difficult to concentrate on all following all of the intricacies of the complicated plot, for me. Now that I understand now, though, it's brilliant. :) I'll hopefully enjoy it even more when I see it again next Monday.

The main highlight in my eyes was the amazing acting, on all parts. Bale, Caine, Oldman, Freeman, and, of course, Ledger were all fantastic. Eckhart was great, too, but was somewhat eclipsed by Ledger's astounding performance. Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes did the job nicely enough, though I think that I prefer Holme's take on the character.

Other highlights included the incident involving the Joker, a magic trick, and a pen, Maroni's fall, the interrogation of the Joker, and the surprising sequence when the Batpod emerges from the damaged Tumbler.

In summary, The Dark Knight was just as masterful as Batman Begins, which I greatly enjoyed, though in a very different manner.

Looking to the future, I would hazard that Two-Face survived, and will most likely appear in a possible third film.

Other guesses, which, mind you, are pure conjecture, of what will appear in a third film include a rebuilt Wayne Manor, a new Batmobile, and Two-Face and the Riddler as the villains. If the first two films are anything to go by, new elements will hopefully be designed elegantly and believably.

And a final note: The Dark Knight is one film where its rating is definitely earned.

obxcrew
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm seeing it tomorrow night (finally)! I'm going with a couple of fellow Bat-Geeks, and I'm gonna be in a Two-Face costume Razz !
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to double-post, but...

Wow... I finally saw it last night. It's officially my favorite comic movie (it actually dethroned V for Vendetta for me...), and definitely in my top ten of all time. Everything about the movie was just spot on: The story, the characters, the depth, the acting. Joker was awesome, no doubt, but I don't think he'd be getting this much attention if Heath hadn't of died. I think that Two-Face was waaaay underrated; I felt Aaron did just as good a job as Heath, just he didn't have as extreme of a character. Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were epic (as they always are), and Christian is still a great Batman and Bruce Wayne. The length, while it seemed like an issue at first, isn't bad, given that every scene was necessary. And while he didn't admit it, I felt that Joker truly was a master strategist, even if he was just making it up as he went along. My favorite bits were:

Quote:
"How 'bout a magic trick?"
"You're a lucky man *click*... but your driver isn't..."
"So like... "A submarine."
"What's the difference between you and me?" "I'm not wearing hockey pads..."
"I want my phone call."
"And you want to blackmail this man?"

The Skyhook. Just plain awesomeness.
The whole truck scene. My brother and my friends didn't notice that the truck said "Slaughter is the best medicine"
The classic White-Eyed Batman look, along with the sonar.
The beginning heist. It was just so ingenious it had to be put here.
Two-Face... 'nuff said.
Gordon's Speech at the end of the film.

Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman 3 a possibility?
http://movies.ign.com/articles/899/899655p1.html
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "duh" big enough for this post. Razz

Batman 3 is the third highest grossing comic book movie ever, right behind Spider-Man, and Spider-Man 3. Whether or not Nolan makes it, WB was going to make a third Batman movie.

It's pretty obvious the third film won't be as good, or break as many records, but that's just the way it is, because nothing will top this film. Although, if Nolan is involved, there is no doubt it will be great. Smile
Zombie Typo
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11Numb wrote:
... My favorite bits were:

Quote:
The beginning heist. It was just so ingenious it had to be put here.

That was easily one of my favorite parts of the movie! And the whole thing with the Clowns killing each other was kind of interesting.

"Where are all the other guys-" rat-a-tat-a-tat Razz

Proud member of the AFEC
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, the heist sequence was ingenious!

After hanging out with my friends, I wanted to touch on the Joker, whom I feel has been misunderstood by many.
I feel that the Joker moments that everyone "loves" were meant to be disturbing, rather than laugh out loud funny (which is how most are taking these scenes).

Sick, twisted jokes were what the Joker was all about, it was amazing to watch, and done very well, but it wasn't meant to make me laugh, and it didn't. I can't believe to this day, that someone like the Joker could be taken so wrong by so many people. Especially my close friends.

It was just the tone, the music, the fact that it was made by Christopher Nolan, that I can't believe those moments were meant to be funny, and why I believe that the Joker character has been turned into a "funny" character by many people, rather than the dark, terrifying character he was (I believe) meant to be. Confused

Last edited by ZombieAndrew on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of the joker bits were "hilarious", except for the magic pencil trick and the fiddling around with the hospital bomb.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor Spoilers I guess?

Hospital bomb was humorous, I found myself laughing at that, if only for a moment because he blew up a hospital.

And the pencil trick was one of those scenes that I found disturbing, rather than funny. Shoving a pencil into someone's head? Ha ha.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: