FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brickmaster SW Exclusive Sets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigospedros

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Brickmaster SW Exclusive Sets Reply with quote

enjoy

You can find it for yourself on the US region Lego website Online Catalogue, pg 34-35.

Cool

Looks ok ... now if only Brickmaster was available in the UK! Sad

{edit} sorry if this has already been posted somewhere.

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)

Last edited by bigospedros on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I better order Brickmaster quick - it looks so cute! Very Happy
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. This is what I ponied up $40.00 for? I was hoping that since they were releasing the Death Star at the same time, they would make some sort of vignette to go with it. I am greatly dissapointed.
CustomWiz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame no figures! You at least get Indy with the indy set and one month i got a policeman and a fireman!

CW
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great if your a fan of the Mini line, or just like having rare sets. Since they never did make alot of Episode 3 minis (and all the ones that have been made are all rare to come across)
I wouldn't mind having one, but it's not going to get me to jump up and sign up for brickmaster

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there already been a Star Wars Brickmaster set? For some reason I was under the impression they had offered or were going to offer an X-Wing Fighter similar to the existing mini...
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had Brickmaster, I got a Eta-2 JSF mini, so to answer your question, Blondie-Wan, yes, there has been a previous SW BM set. In regards to the mini CTT, I'm really glad I didn't get Brickmaster this year, because one of the reasons why I would've bought it in the first place would've been the SW exclusive set, and if I had subscribed, I would had a similar reaction to Flynn here. Confused

Proud member of the AFEC
Crusader

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure its cute, but I was hoping for something more like the Indy set. It looks like I can build this myself with fairly standard pieces. A new Phase 1 clone trooper in a little speeder would have been a much hotter set.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'est la vie.

Don't forget a BM membership is also five other sets, expanded editions of the BM magazine you can normally get free, two $5 coupons for Shop@Home and a free LEGOLand ticket - not exactly a horrendous deal, just one not everyone will get full enjoyment from.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...I'm not disappointed that I subscribed to Brickmaster, nor does this one set alone justify a subscription, in my mind. I'm with those who were hoping for something more along the lines of the Indy exclusive: a minifig and a tiny vehicle. Minis don't usually interest me. I don't think this thing will storm any planets or do anything to enemies other than maybe make them snicker.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think it's awesome, I think the back is a bit lacking, but I'd love that. I really wish TLC had carried on the mini line, but oh well.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't collect the mini line nor do I subscribe but I think this Juggernaut looks sweet - it's a pretty hot little set.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For someone (like me) trying to build ships in scale with the ISD, those wheels make great engines. I'm liking it.
zombietaunwampa
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a LEGO magazine delivered to my door every three months but I do not know if it is Brickmaster or not. I'm getting confused and i don't want to miss out on a set like that. I payed $14.95AUD at the start of the subscription and I resubscribe for free at the end of every year. Can someone please lead me out of confusion. I live in Australia if that helps.
ImpairedZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you're getting...the Lego magazine has always been free (I've been getting them since '97 or earlier) but you don't get free re-subscriptions to Brickmaster.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think what you have is Brickmaster, because :

a) It's only available to US addresses
b) It costs $39.99 US

zombietaunwampa
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
I don't think what you have is Brickmaster, because :

a) It's only available to US addresses
b) It costs $39.99 US

Thanks but sob. I really want that mini and I can't resort to the internet but maybe it will come up in the next mag that i have.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magazine you get with a Brickmaster subscription is essentially an expanded version of the one you get for free - it's mostly the same magazine, but with a little more stuff in it, and that's part of what you pay for (the main things, of course, are the exclusive sets. Wink Part of the cost of BM can be offset by the two $5 coupons for the online Shop@Home that also come with a BM membership; members also get a one-day admission ticket to LEGOLAND California, but of course how useful that is depends upon whether one can make it there for a visit.

Looking ahead... in the latest catalog (for which an online edition can be perused here), in the Brickmaster ad on page 34, it shows the current Indiana Jones set, the upcoming Bionicle set and the Clone Turbo Tank for July/August, September/October and November/December, respectively, and beyond that the sets aren't revealed... but it does have a blurb, "Surprise LEGO Star Wars set!" in the box not for November/December (which after all, can't be a surprise if they're telling us about it right there), but in the one for January/February '09. Maybe it really refers to the mini Clone Turbo Tank and either I'm just reading it wrong or the page layout is a bit sloppy, but it looks to me like it's saying there'll be another Star Wars set for January - that we're actually getting two Star Wars Brickmaster exclusives back to back (!):

Comments?

Last edited by Blondie-Wan on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tauntaunwampa wrote:
I have a LEGO magazine delivered to my door every three months but I do not know if it is Brickmaster or not. I'm getting confused and i don't want to miss out on a set like that. I payed $14.95AUD at the start of the subscription and I resubscribe for free at the end of every year. Can someone please lead me out of confusion. I live in Australia if that helps.

I'm afraid it sounds to me like what you have isn't Brickmaster (though it might be a similar but different thing available only in Australia). A Brickmaster membership costs $39.99 USD per year, so it's a fair bit more than a one-time $14.95 AUD, and for that money it comes with six issues of the magazine, six small exclusive LEGO sets (of which the Clone Turbo Tank is one), two $5 coupons for the online LEGO Shop@Home, and a ticket to LEGOLAND California. Is that similar to what you have?
zombietaunwampa
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sort of because I hardly get any $$$ off but I do get the occasinal lego set like i got the Exo force mini walker with the blue haired guy in it

and I also got a little boat
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, nifty! In that case it seems to me that what you haven't isn't what we know as Brickmaster, but sort of the Australian counterpart, whatever it's called. At least yours is cheaper!
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyway...

Earlier I wrote:
Looking ahead... in the latest catalog (for which an online edition can be perused here), in the Brickmaster ad on page 34, it shows the current Indiana Jones set, the upcoming Bionicle set and the Clone Turbo Tank for July/August, September/October and November/December, respectively, and beyond that the sets aren't revealed... but it does have a blurb, "Surprise LEGO Star Wars set!" in the box not for November/December (which after all, can't be a surprise if they're telling us about it right there), but in the one for January/February '09. Maybe it really refers to the mini Clone Turbo Tank and either I'm just reading it wrong or the page layout is a bit sloppy, but it looks to me like it's saying there'll be another Star Wars set for January - that we're actually getting two Star Wars Brickmaster exclusives back to back (!):

Comments?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on whether there will indeed be another SW BM exclusive right after the Clone Turbo Tank?
bigospedros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be false advertising if this set wasn't going to be a SW one, surely!?

Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the set will be, but it has me excited enough to get a subscription of my own just to see what it is.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Do keep in mind most Brickmaster sets won't be Star Wars ones, or even from any other theme you're interested in, necessarily - they do a mix of them (the thing I find most surprising about the apparent Jan. '09 set is that it'd be immediately after another Star Wars set; that's the only thing that really has me doubtful). But I think they're all worthwhile (though of course, as a fan of LEGO in general, I'd be naturally inclined to think so).

I joined earlier this year, and have gotten three sets so far; they're this LEGO City Fire Truck - er, Car, a LEGO Creator Dinosaur and LEGO Indy's Jungle Cruiser. The next one is a Bionicle set, and it seems the next two after that are both Star Wars sets. It's a nice way to get some nifty little additional sets, and ones that ensure one's collection will have some variety to it.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CustomWiz wrote:
Lame no figures! You at least get Indy with the indy set.......

Isn't that because that was a set designed to include a minifig? That Turbo Tank is mini-scale remember. Idea
infallible

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this one for the front page reveal of the January Brickmaster set being a mini Venator-class ship.

Personally, while I appreciate the mini-style ships, they don't work for me. I prefer a minifig and cheesy vehicle (like the Indy set) over something like this. How does everyone else feel about it?

I still like Brickmaster, and will probably go ahead and re-up when the time comes. However, these two sets will probably end up on eBay to help pay for that renewal.
Flesh Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I was thinking about joining to get the two star wars sets and possibly back date my subscription to get the Indy set, but seeing this makes me glad I didn't sign up. Cheesy vehicle and figure is the way to go Lego!!

Speeder Bike
Wampa
the only ones I can come up with right now.

How about a SW Brickmaster subscription, Almost everyone here would sign up for it, as long as it was half and half on cheesy vehicle and mini-ships.

Jedi Council Member and Chair
Cantina Band Member and instrument
Cantina patron and barstool

Hell the sets could be just those figures without the parts.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of the Mini-line, so I like both the Venator and the Turbo Tank mini's. But I don't love them enough to pay for a membership just for those.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I don't see them offering a parallel Brickmaster program for a single line, but if they were going to do it for anything it'd probably be Star Wars (but to reiterate, I don't think it's going to happen. They'd have to do a whole alternate version of the magazine, for one thing...).

I like these little mini sets, though I agree minifig-scale ones are even better. I, too, hope to see some Star Wars ones in the future, though they've got multiple Star Wars sets in the BM pipeline already and they surely don't want to turn the whole BM assortment over to just this one licensed line.

FWIW, I think there may still be time to get the Indy set, if someone here wants it but thinks it's too late to join. I joined Brickmaster in mid-March (I actually placed the order on March 14), and got the first set, the City fire car, perhaps a week or so later; that was the March / April set. The Indy set is the July / August one, and it's still July, only slightly later in the month than it was when I joined back in March, and I still received the set for that month. I obviously can't offer guarantees on LEGO's behalf, but as of right now it's still less than the halfway point between when the July sets first shipped and when the September ones will, so I'd bet that anyone who signed up right now would have their memberships begin with the Indiana Jones set.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: