FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FBTB's Ambassador Nominees: Testimonials Needed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday the 19th is over here in Los Angeles, and I've tallied the votes. Olog and Nannan received the most nominations, and will be the second and third names submitted by FBTB to Lego for consideration for the role of Ambassador. We will be compiling the official nominations over the next couple of days, and I'd like to ask for your help, guys and gals.

As part of the official nomination submission package, we are required to include some information about the nominees. You guys have heaped praises on them already, but now I'd like to put a call out for TESTIMOINIALS about our two new nominees. Among the staff we can manage the 3 minimum testimonials for Mike, but since Olog and Nannan were chosen by you folks, I'd like to have some testimonials from YOU. (And heck, why not send some for Mike as well, maybe you can flower him with even more praise than we plan to.) The best three testimonials for all three FBTB nominees will be submitted.

Include at least the following basic information in your testimonial:

Explanation of who the nominees are, what their activities are, and why they would be a good representative of their community.
Feel free to elaborate on all these points and more.

Think about what you know about them that make them a perfect fit for the job, keeping in mind when writing what it is exactly the Ambassadors do, which is:
* Discuss with other like minded LEGO Fans.
* Opportunities to speak with LEGO Group representatives on what is important to the AFOL communitiy.
* Occasional opportunities to give feedback on upcoming ideas for different parts of the LEGO Group (require NDA).
* Submit their own ideas and ideas from the communities they represent on what they would like to see from the LEGO Group.
* Participate in projects which support the community like helping rebuild LEGOfan.org and many other community related projects.

Please submit all testimonials to fbtbstaff@gmail.com
Please submit your testimonials by Midnight (pacific time) on Wednesday the 21st so we have enough time to put together the official nomiation for Lego.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Rook
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:

he says 'LEGOs'. phail.

That's nice. I say it too. I didn't live in the USA all my life. Sometimes different places say things differently. I'm glad to see nothing has changed since I left. My way or the highway. Right. If you're worried about using proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation... maybe you should check your own. Laughing

Last edited by Rook on Tue May 20, 2008 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rook wrote:
onions wrote:

he says 'LEGOs'. phail.

That's nice. I say it too. I didn't live in the good old US of A all my life. Sometimes different places say things differently. I'm glad to see nothing has changed since I left that country. My way or the highway. Right.

Wow, extrapolating one silly comment from Ace into a reason to hate the USA? You're an idiot.
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:

Wow, extrapolating one silly comment from Ace into a reason to hate the USA? You're an idiot.

Sorry if that felt off and was a bit of conjecture. But he basically told everyone, "DO NOT vote for this person". Rather then just leaving it alone, because not everyone would know him any ways. If he's going to out someone on their spelling as a reason for not being a good candidate and implies they would basically suck. I'm going to out him back. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rook, But it doesn't really matter, I didn't make the nomination, most people probably thought it was a joke, I wish our site was "officially" recognized, then I would've made it... Crying or Very sad

The Official, Eternal, StarWars Nit-Picker!
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
Rook wrote:
onions wrote:

he says 'LEGOs'. phail.

That's nice. I say it too. I didn't live in the good old US of A all my life. Sometimes different places say things differently. I'm glad to see nothing has changed since I left that country. My way or the highway. Right.

I fail to see how his statement is anything to do with hating the US. I also don't see how his post makes him an idiot.

Anyhow, good luck to both Olog and Nannan! Smile
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commanderbly42 wrote:
I fail

Yes, yes you do. Razz

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rook wrote:
Sorry if that felt off and was a bit of conjecture. But he basically told everyone, "DO NOT vote for this person".

I have learned that there are two things that can make one's life easier on this forum. Good grammar, and a sense of humor. I have a sneaking feeling that Ace was being sarcastic. Rolling Eyes

Proud member of the AFEC
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astoriabluelegos wrote:
I wish our site was "officially" recognized, then I would've made it... Crying or Very sad

If our site was officially recognized it wouldn't be a private guild.

Eh?

Well none of the people I voted for Ambassador made it, and I don't really know Olog or Nannan very well aside from their MOC's, so I can't vouch for them with a testemonial.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
Rook wrote:
Sorry if that felt off and was a bit of conjecture. But he basically told everyone, "DO NOT vote for this person".

I have learned that there are two things that can make one's life easier on this forum. Good grammar, and a sense of humor. I have a sneaking feeling that Ace was being sarcastic. Rolling Eyes

winnah!
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm in a position where I can only attest to Olog and Nannan's expert building abilities and personable behavior where praise and critiques are concerned. I could write a testimony, but due to my lack of real familiarity with them as people, it might be a bit void.

><>
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it a try, anyways Smile I'm not getting as many as I thought I would from you guys. Confused
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
General Veers

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a shot...
I really don't know any more about them than their awesome building skills...
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: