FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steamspeeder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Steamspeeder Reply with quote

My first ever Steampunk moc and my first ever Star Wars moc is this little Steamspeeder:

Underneath the big grill on the front there's a propellor to keep the thing in the air in classic Hovercraft fashion as can be seen in this top view.
At the back there's of course a boiler. Also at the back there's the crankshaft and flywheel for the chain-driven propellors on either side of the vehicle.
I've tried to make it look a bit messy without going overboard on pointless tubes and other greebles so it would still keep the nice lines of the Landspeeder.

Duq

P.S. All pictures in this folder.
DaNiO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice moc!
I like the engines and front. Very Happy
dayoldstew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty sweet although you have quite a bit of competition Smile (not from me of course).

I think you nailed the likeness of the original. The steampunked parts seem almost natural. The "hidden" front propeller is a great addition to explaining the physics of how this thing moves along like the original landspeeder. I especially enjoy the chain driving the thrust propellers...well done without being too busy or crazy looking.

Very nice MOC and a good entry...Welcome!
Duq

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
I had a lot of fun building this. It all came together quite easily once I had the idea for the front propellor.
Competition seems stiff though...

Duq
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: