FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infantry Support Tank: Instructions! Clone Alternate Build

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Infantry Support Tank: Instructions! Clone Alternate Build Reply with quote

How many of you have those worthless models from the Clone Trooper Battle pack lying around your house? Do you want something more? Something better?
First, I'm going to present my Infantry Support Tank as an MOC.

Overview:

cockpit opening feature:

Side rear view:

A little about the IST:
The Infantry Support Tank was commisioned as a medium republic hovertank to the 222nd legion. It sports one heavy cannon and two smaller blaster cannons. It has a crew of two; one pilot, and one gunner. There are two holds on either side of the gunner that hold blasters rather well, for storage. The cockpit opens up for the pilot to get in and out, and the main cannon swivels and pivots in all directions.

Now for the instructions. You will need...

Two Clone Battle Packs
and
Three other pieces
and
White 1x6 1/3 brick

Now for the Build. This will take five to ten minutes, but it is worth it. I love these guys, they are so nice and represent a medium hovertank well.

18 (flip over)

Done!

The Whole Gallery

Please comment. I worked hard on doing the pictures for the instructions. Try to build, it is not hard!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kyphur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I like it.

I've built it in MLCad. Later today I'll bust it out into instructions (did it in steps already) and provide a link to the mpd file for you if you'd like.

Here's the image:

{updated image, removed additional 2x2 plate}

The only thing I think doesn't fit is the name/designation. It just doesn't feel like a tank of any kind to me. It's more like a Self Propelled Light Artillery Unit that would be able to quickly move in support of Infantry units. Designated LA-SP (Light Artillery, Self-Propelled) or something like that.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Last edited by kyphur on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much kyphur for that MClad render! A file link would be awesome. Twisted Evil

Actually the grey plate on top is supposed to be somewhat loose; it swivels so the pilot can get in and out.

Thanks for the name suggestion. I might change it later; but it is so small and light, I don't think it could pass as artillery. I like it as a small infantry support vehicle, at least for my forces. Whoever builds it can name it as they want. Smile

www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kyphur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CC007,

PMed you a link to the MLCad file.

I agree it's definately too light to be anything more than a support vehicle for Infantry. By using the same repulsor list units as infantry/barc speeders it is also something that infantry mechanics can maintain & repair easily.

I would say that due to the lightness of the armor this would be more of an "indirect fire" unit since personal arms would be slowed down my ther thin skin but anything slightly larger would be deadly to it. That is why I said it appears more as Light Artillery than a Light Tank. I could see these positioned around the main field of combat using terrain for cover.

Imagine a dozen of these zeroed in on the droid deployment points on Geonosis, the Hailfire Droids would be scraped within seconds of appearing.

In this configuration it would only need a crew of 1 as it would generally be stationary for firing. If each one as a small guard of say 3 troops (to keep enemy infantry from sneaking up on the position) then they could definately hitch a ride when changing positions.

But that is my take on the vehicle. I really do like how you got a lot out of a few parts. Gonna build mine tonight!
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, I might have to grab some more battlepacks to build this! Smile
blackjoker4215

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I really do like this tank.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild!
General Veers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll build this if I find a clone BP.
But I'd change it's name to support vehicle or something, because I'd say it resembles a jeep. Smile
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could call this the HU-MM-ER tank. Very Happy
Having built one, I love the tank and the instructions were great.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 'Maggosh', a member of the Clone Army Builders Guild, is featuring my IST tank in his upcoming brickfilm, and it can be seen at the begining of the trailer for the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuur_p4poUM

www.TheCABG.net
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: