FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aetheropolis Patrol Gyro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Az Gabil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Aetheropolis Patrol Gyro Reply with quote

Greetings, everyone. Like, I suspect, more than a few people I was drawn to this site by the amazing Steam Wars contest, and anticipate many fruitful discussions in the future.

But enough of that, let's get to the MOC. Wink

The Aetheropolis Patrol Gyro, based on the Cloud City Pod Car in The Empire Strikes Back:

In building this vehicle, I tried to stay away from the prevailing theory of steam-MOCing that, while capable of fantastic results, often gives the impression of being the unique creation of a mad scientist working out of his barn. Instead, I tried to give the APG a more institutional look, something that might have been mass produced, albiet from the mad scientist's designs.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I didn't include boilers, smokestacks, and the like, but I hope the overall effect is something more self-contained than usual.

Requisite Sepia-toned picture:

Brickshelf Gallery.
Thadiator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really cool. You captured it very well. The middle is awesome. Fantastic job!
Rogue13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Different from the others, but still somewhat steampunk. I saw the cloudcar in it right away. Good luck in the contest though. The prevailing theory seems to be mad scientist built and operated. Like something thrown together in the backyard. Mass produced seem like a no-no. But then again, that's just what I've noticed. This may be an unexpected winner and be something that Don and dW reallly like!
Xeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. A nice twist on an pretty much unnoticed ship. Good. Smile
NecronCommander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. I'm a profound believer in the "brown=steampunk" mantra, and if it's in any way possible to replace the reds at all, do so. It's still a very nice model.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: