FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hjarta Hamast

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quicksilverkai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Hjarta Hamast Reply with quote

Click Flickr

MO2 Class Space Platform
The Military Operations Platform Program began several years before the Battle of Yavin. The objective was to produce a space station for the Imperial Navy that would outwardly appear as a standard commercialized platform. In truth, the heavily armored station would utilize twice the standard turbolaser armament as well as a multi-warhead launcher to pacify space lines and maintain order along trade routes. The Telgorn Corporation took the task and based their designs on already well established civilian XQ-series platforms.
An initial MO1-class platform was based on the Bengel Shipbuilders XQ1 and was well received. However, Imperial officers requested a more logical approach to maintaining fighter squadrons and supplies in more remote regions. The resulting MO2 fulfilled these needs and was based off of Telgorn's own XQ5.
The deceptively familiar MO2 was armed with nine capital grade turbolasers as well as 12 lasers cannons. A multi-warhead launcher capable of launching salvos of up to 4 warheads at a time was implemented on the ventral side of the main hub. In addition, one of the primary hanger bays was outfitted with TIE racks for rapid launch and retrieval.

Hjarta Hamast
The MO2 Class space station Hjarta Hamast was manufactured during the Galactic Civil War era and was positioned along the Ágætis Corridor near the planet Byrjun. A relatively lightly travelled route, the area saw little action during the opening years of the war. Following the Battle of Hoth, Hjarta Hamast station became an important choke point in the Ágætis Corridor against smugglers and Rebels making their way to the Outer-Rim territories.
Weeks before the Battle of Endor, tensions in the area mounted and Hjarta Hamast saw its first major conflicts. A necessity for supplies and the capture and subsequent execution of a high ranking Rebel officer finally forced the alliance's hand. The local rebel cells mustered as large a fleet as they could and routed Imperial forces and captured the station, securing a hyperspace route as well as valuable supplies. With the Alliance forces massing at Sullust and the knowledge of impending Imperial retribution, the rebels decided take the stations provisions and then abandon it.
However, the Imperial task-force arrived sooner than the rebels expected leaving them scrambling to evacuate. During the initial assault, a modified Corellian freighter loaded with the stations spare warheads was struck by volleys from TIE Bombers and the resulting explosion completely destroyed the landing pad it was docked on. The confusion actually aided the remaining Alliance forces to escape, but Hjarta was once again under Imperial control. Unfortunately for the station itself, the Alliance victory at Endor and the New Republic's push towards the Core forced the recall of the Imperial fleet to fortify Coruscant. As a result, repairs were never made and Hjarta Hamast remained abandoned.

notes: i wanted to do a lot more greebling around the platform edges, but i don't have enough parts for now.
if you guys have any comments or suggestions let me know.
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Nice work! It looks awesome!

Let's Go Ducks!
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just wow. This is, in my opinion, the best space station entry in the contest thus far. Everything is perfect: The landing platforms, the station itself, the underside, the geometry...

This is great work, and if I was judging, I would pick this for best space station. Great Job!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
quicksilverkai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks yankeeken and Clonecommando007 for the comments
Very Happy
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey!

I will not be able to finish my project in time for this. I actually had something similar to this, but yours is WAY better than mine.
Unit 186

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! This is very inspiring. Great work on the shape.

FOR SALE
roguebantha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Very Star Wars (which seems a funny thing to say here Confused ) And I know building at 120 degree angles is tricky, my personal favourite so far!
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, I really like the shape you accomplished with the main body.

Brickshelf | Bricklink
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yowza! That's one formidable-looking space station. Great backstory too. Just wondering, but where does the name Hjarta Hamast come from?

><>
quicksilverkai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its actually icelandic, the name of a song by the band sigur ros.
i guess roughly translated it means "the heart beats"
Ágætis Byrjun is an the album/track name that translates to "an alright start"
they're pretty incredible and i definitely recommend.
even more awesome in concert
Smile
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that I have fallen in love with it. Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: