FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Leverage"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xiphos Systems

Location: Standing on a 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy-Duty Supercolliding Super Button

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: "Leverage" Reply with quote

Alright, here it is, my first posted moc, evar...

The artillery cruiser Leverage.

Brickshelf
Flickr

Special thanks go to Nannan for the gorgeous photos, letting me borrow a few pieces, and for a little inspiration on the side.

And now, the back story:

The Nubian Design Collective has been in the shipwrights business for centuries, and is well known both for it's revolutionary starship designs and it's high performance engine and hyperdrive parts. The H-770-D Fulcrum-class Deep Space Artillery cruiser is no exception in either category, built primarily around it's huge Gauss unit and the equally deadly plasma cannon below it, and constructed with the best parts NDC had to offer. This particular unit, the Leverage, eventually made it's way into the hands of one Captain Arca Katanga, one of the ranking officers in the Sulon Orbital Defense Command's small fleet. The Leverage loyally guarded the small Sullustian moon for a dozen years, undergoing numerous repairs and upgrades, including a significant increase in the gauss magazine capacity and a restructuring of the volatile plasma containment reactor. Katanga and most of his crew defected to the Rebel Alliance around 0 BBY, when the Dark Jedi Jerec was instated as the moon's governor, and Katanga's long-time friend Morgan Katarn was beheaded by the dark acolyte. The Leverage served in many successful hit-and-fade attacks on Imperial targets, before a well-placed torpedo breached the forward plasma recycler and took the ship out of commission for good.

Stats:
260m x 120m x 120m
Propulsion:
9 MkIV experimental non-interial drive units
Class 2 hyperdrive

Armament:
16 Taim & Bak TX14 point defense quadlasers
4 Arakyd "Flayer" missile banks
4 Armek LRC-II long-range ion cannons
High-velocity GAU/8 (Gauss Acceleration Unit) "Avenger"
Long-range 4D4 Plasma Artillery cannon

Crew Complement:
15-helm, navigation, sensors, comm
25-weapons control
25-maintenance/technicians
20-support

Xiphos Systems Experimental Engineering
The Best of the Rest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Unit 186

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very impressed! Awesome stuff for a first MOC. How do you know Nannan? Did you shoot those all in raw? The photos and the MOC are both beautiful. Excelent work...I gotta say I'm inspired. Cool

FOR SALE
LightsaberClash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!

Great use for axes, hands, screwdrivers, and telephones! Smile

Awesome colors, so very well built.

One of my most favorite entries so far, I am so very pleased you decided to enter it! Smile Cool

-Aaron
Xiphos Systems

Location: Standing on a 1500 Megawatt Aperture Science Heavy-Duty Supercolliding Super Button

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my first moc...just the first one I've ever posted. And, for those of you who didn't know, Nannan and I are both students at WashU in St. Louis.

Xiphos Systems Experimental Engineering
The Best of the Rest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Memory

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool; you've got a lot of stuff happening, but it all pulls together quite well. I particularly like the line of minifig hands.

I look forward to seeing more of you models in the future!

-Jacob
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out those non-production axe blades, ow! ow!

Excellent backstory btw.

Dale, my good friend kinda lives 2 minutes from me.

Brickshelf | Bricklink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: