FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malastare Star, Space station for contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguebantha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Malastare Star, Space station for contest Reply with quote

Holonet News Reporter: Senator Ask Aak, thank you so much for the invitation to visit your new low orbital Skyhook here on Coruscant, what can you tell us about it?

Senator Ask Aak (translated from Malastarian): If you accompany me into the space elevator I can show you the majesty of my new space station, the Malastare Star.
There was an urgent need for expansion of the Gran senatorial department but unfortunately there were no suitable premises near the Senate Rotund and strict planning regulations forbid us from extending our current tower. The obvious answer was a geo-stationary, sub-orbital platform connected to the top of Gran tower.

HNR: I have heard rumours that the construction of the new facility was at a knock down price by a company recently given a large military contract by a committee you sit on, could you comment on that Senator?

AA: Indeed the skyhook was produced by a company that is helping the Republic overcome the Separatist forces, but Iím sure you are not implying any impropriety.
Now if you look up, out of the top of the elevator, you can see the 375 meter wide Malastare Star coming into view. The four-pointed shape is important in Gran lore and I wanted it to reflect my species heritage. Underneath each point is a small docking bay.

HNR: Most impressive senator, the specifications you have given me show that there are two Republic space-couriers in a state of constant readiness in those bays, in fact another rumour suggests that the ships carry shielded weapon upgrades beyond legal power levels.

AA: It is a matter of public record that these ships carry standard defensive lasers. These are dangerous times and defence is essential but I can assure you they are within legal limits. If you look up to the points of the star you can see two larger ships have docked, one is owned by Senator Organa, we have a scheduled meeting later. Unfortunately my friend Bail doesnít see eye to eye to eye with me over the Military creation act, Iíll be pointing out the error of his ways.
I see we are arriving now, the lift will first travel up through the docking area, then the main working and office areas and finally to just below the summerhouse; this is a copy of my senatorial summer residence on Malastare, complete with a small area of landscaped garden.

HNR: Iíve heard many Republic citizens say that this is a step of decadence too farÖ.

AA: If you will follow me into this station turbolift. I think it is important in these difficult times to have relaxing and contemplative locations. I hold many of my meetings here and I am sure my guests find the surroundings relaxing. Here we are, if you will follow me.

HNR: What is this area of the station Senator?

AA: This way, after you.
SLAM.
This is an airlock, my dear reported. Thank you for the interview.
SUCK.

Folder
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe people aren't commenting on this Neutral . As a judge I was hesitant but eventually I just had to say a couple of words.

Way to go on using the limited parts that come in dark blue. The main shape of the station is clean and understandable... and the two neatly built freighters make the connection to SW, and that's what I like, you took advantage of the liberty the contest gives you of building your own design, yet you introduced elements that are clearly from the SW universe.

Packed with nice details like the radar dish, the small fighter coming out of the docking bay and the small park and mansion look great under the bulbous orange dome.

Last edited by Olog on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
General Veers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I miss this? it's a very nice shape, and very nice looking. it reminds me of classic space sets and the space elevator is brilliant. Smile
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused I oculd have swarn I commented on this before Confused

Well appernatly not, so here it goes: Nice job Cool ::D:

DeviantART|Brickshelf
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:

I thought there were a whole bunch of comments too? Did some get erased somehow? Question
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really nice! I love the Summerhouse!!! Razz

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
DestructiveDelirium wrote:

I thought there were a whole bunch of comments too? Did some get erased somehow? Question

I'm starting to think so. I am almost certain there were many comments about this Confused

DeviantART|Brickshelf
roguebantha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird Confused
I was being to think maybe I'd overdone the story or something and nobody liked it Crying or Very sad
But you do! Thanks guys Very Happy
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that you put in a story instead of just the information to go with it.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: