FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7261 Clone Turbo Tank Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: 7261 Clone Turbo Tank Review Reply with quote

This is for the non-LULS version.

Pros:
-plenty of minifigs (8 in all), including rare exclusives like Mace Windu, a Kashyyk clone, and a jet trooper
-very well designed turret and speeder
-tank is on wheels for easy swooshibility (or rollablility)
- independent suspension and crows nest
- turret can fit inside the turbo tank for easy storage
-very easy to mod
-very fun to build

Cons:
- trans-light blue 1x2 grills are the wrong color, instead you get light blue grills
-price is just a bit over what it should be ($90 for 800 pieces) although most of the pieces are technic
-tank itself is very flimsy and has no real interior
- build tends to get laborious when constructing the suspension

Parts: 9/10
Minifigs: 10/10
Detail: 9/10 an interior would have been nice
Playability: 9/10 it's a bit on the flimsy side
Price to parts: 9/10
Availability: 5/10 discontinued at retail
OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10
Plus I thought I'd add these:
Build: 9/10
My rating: 9.5/10

UPDATE Dec 11:
Check out that suspension?
Interior- you can see those sand blue plates, and the awesome engine section
no lack of minifigs here!
extras, great speeder bike and turrent
GALLERY

Last edited by ZombieGIR on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
JT-77
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good review the only factor I know of that is bad is the swooshability.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Turbo Tank is a great looking set, and it does roll like a dream. It even rolls well after losing one or two sets of wheels--which it often does. Eventually I'll have to try to sort out some tighter fitting Technic pins, because the front or is it the back? wheels fall off very easily.

My kids love the set, consequently I was rebuilding it every night for weeks after they got it for Christmas. Eventually I modified the fairly fragile guns and the front(?) opening hatch, and now I only have to fix it every other night or so. Probably only on the days they play with it now!

Still you can load the center with clones or jedi, and the roof is nice and broad so you can have another squad of clones riding on the top. The side doors swing down nicely, and the speeder bike that came with it is much better looking than the battlepack version.

Playability: 8/10 Fun but fragile, but hey it's not like a tank is supposed to be unscathed.
Inzane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 7261 Clone Turbo Tank Review Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:

Cons:
- trans-light blue 1x2 grills are the wrong color, instead you get light blue grills

That's not a "Con" per se. You were the victim of the famous parts substitution that recent Lego sets have been prone to lately, particularly with some 2006 SW sets.

I too got light blue (or maybe it was sand blue?) instead of the trans light blue. I ended up replacing them with the correct color piece, either via Bricklink or Lego customer service. (I forget which).
lordvader208

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my CTT, I also got the light blue grilles. I bombarded the Lego company for the correct transparent light blue grilles, but they kept giving me the light blues. Finally I got the right ones. My Mace Windu is an LUL, but the LED is blue
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Review. This is one of those sets that I contemplated purchasing, but I never did. This set (although great for many), did not exactly strike me as a really awesome set. I even wrote out the order form for this set, but then I changed my mind and got a Sandcrawler instead Very Happy .
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting this set for Christmas! I will write a review on it sometime.
General Veers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader208 wrote:
. My Mace Windu is an LUL, but the LED is blue

same with mine Confused
I have no earthly idea why it was blue instead of purple. only that it was probably cheaper.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue is already mass-produced as an LED, purple is not. Simple as that.

Hmm, seems to be newfound interest in this set. I'll post some pics of mine to go along with the review.

EDIT: pics are up! See original post.
MaceyWindu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Review. Smile I would also give it a 9.5. It rolls so well over anything. Luckily though I got a non-ight-up lightsaber Windu. Very Happy
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my first Star Wars lego set. It was an amazing buy: Great starter. It rolls like a repulsor craft, amazing wheel system.

Unfortunantly I got a LULS Mace windu, and I ended up salvaging the tasty brown cape from his body, and removing his head with a pair of pliers. Very Happy

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PsychoJoker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what: I went on replacements and couldn't believe when I saw that the Clone Turbo Tank still had a replacement part form available even though it's discontinued from 06' (right?).

So I noticed the Trans-light blue 1x2 grille substitution thing...so I went ahead and ordered the correct 7 trans light blue grilles straight from the parts form...just in case I ever happened to recieve it via ebay hehehe.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to obtain this set? I assume it'd be over $100...

And should I get the Light-up lightsaber version or the regular?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: