FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Reply with quote

http://www.fox.com/fallpreview/new/sarahconnorchronicles-video.htm

I've heard little tidbits about this show here and there but I didn't know they already had a preview for it up yet. It looks ok, everyone's favorite crazy Summer Glau or River Tam from Firefly looks like she's playing a good Terminator Shocked
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, interesting. I remember hearing about it a while back; not much besides the title before this. Is it supposed to take place between T2 and T3?

I just wonder how much of the same themes they can keep pulling from, what with the second and third movies being basically the same, and the show sounding like it's of a similar ilk.

On the other hand, more good scifi TV's never bad. Wink

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm reading more about it as I type this, apparently the Pilot episode has already been leaked onto the internet when the show isn't supposed to air until early 2008 Shocked And T3 isn't involved with the show in anyway as it "is based off events in a alternate timeline" Confused
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, if it's Fox and it has a Firefly cast member in it... We'll probably be lucky to see two episodes of it aired.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
Although, if it's Fox and it has a Firefly cast member in it... We'll probably be lucky to see two episodes of it aired.

m19

True Sad But she's topless in the preview, there's hope! ::D:
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, sad, and true...
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite looking forward to this anyway. Summer Glau is absolutely hawt! I'm sure it won't be too bad, it's far too highly anticipated to fail too quickly.

><>
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I watched the clip this time, and I have to say... it'll bomb. Ahnould made[ the Terminator the Terminator. As badass as Summer is, the general population won't buy it for long. And the rest of it just doesn't feel like it'll pan out. I'm skeptical and probably won't be dissapointed when it gets the ax. :-\
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
OK, I watched the clip this time, and I have to say... it'll bomb. Ahnould made[ the Terminator the Terminator. As badass as Summer is, the general population won't buy it for long. And the rest of it just doesn't feel like it'll pan out. I'm skeptical and probably won't be dissapointed when it gets the ax. :-\

To be honest, I've got the leaked Pilot downloading, I'm not too sure what to expect yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be brutally honest I wasn't very impressed by the first two Terminator movies (I've only seen the first two). So its hard for me to get excited for this. That and the fact that I've never really enjoyed a live action TV series so I probably won't even watch this anyway. However there are rumors of a T4 which, if its a reality, I will probably see... Smile

A drop of >:3 in an ocean of lunatics... Pfft! Yeah right ;~P
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait you've only seen the first 2 movies and want to see the 4th? What about the 3rd? Razz It looks like Terminator 4 is slated for a 2009 or 2010 release and a rumor is that Arnold will only have a short cameo in it Shocked Mad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it will last long at all. They overdid the suspense. It'll bomb. Five episodes top.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they just finish Drive for us? Razz
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baraca wrote:
To be brutally honest I wasn't very impressed by the first two Terminator movies (I've only seen the first two). So its hard for me to get excited for this. That and the fact that I've never really enjoyed a live action TV series so I probably won't even watch this anyway. However there are rumors of a T4 which, if its a reality, I will probably see... Smile

Yeah, I don't really get what you're saying either. If you say you will see the 4th, why haven't you seen the third yet?

I on the other hand am a huge fan of the first two Terminator movies. I think the second one is pretty much one of the most amazing movies ever. The special effects were mindblowing for its time and they still hold up. They're why every time I hear someone talk about how cool Silver Surfer looks in the new Fantastic Four movie, I say "Didn't they already make something just like that 15 years ago in Terminator 2?" Not that he doesn't look cool, but it just reminds me of how underrated Terminator 2 is.

I am actually really looking forward to this new show, but I definitely don't expect it to be as good as the first two movies. There are a couple things I don't like already, but I'm pretty openminded regardless. Seeing the new Terminators though definitely gives me a whole new appreciation for the performances by Arnold and Robert Patrick. Just every little detail of how they moved and talked and everything (I don't mean their lines, I mean the actual act of talking).

I also don't see this Sarah Connor living up to Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor. I also wish they got someone that looked a bit more like her so I can have an easier time of thinking of them as the same character. The scripts also had better be consistant with how the characters would behave.

So if this show does well and since it's pretending Terminator 3 never happened (if I'm not mistaken), do you think there'd be a chance of a new Terminator 3 with a different storyline?
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Why don't they just finish Drive for us? Razz

They did, except you have to watch the last episodes off the internet somewhere Sad Fox bailed and didn't air them like they said they would.

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
I also don't see this Sarah Connor living up to Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor. I also wish they got someone that looked a bit more like her so I can have an easier time of thinking of them as the same character.

Yeah I was bothered by that, the woman who plays her was the Queen or whatever in 300, I think they just decided to bank off the fact that she was some tough chick in a movie about 300 soldiers who slaughtered millions of enemies Confused
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Daniel Yuhas wrote:
I also don't see this Sarah Connor living up to Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor. I also wish they got someone that looked a bit more like her so I can have an easier time of thinking of them as the same character.

Yeah I was bothered by that, the woman who plays her was the Queen or whatever in 300, I think they just decided to bank off the fact that she was some tough chick in a movie about 300 soldiers who slaughtered millions of enemies Confused

I didn't even recognize her.

I think the problem isn't even really going to be her. I think she's going to do a good job, but I just think that it won't do any good because most people are going to be thinking "I wish this was Linda Hamilton."

I still think they should just do another Terminator 3 with Ed Furlong, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Of course I know it's way easier said than done, but I think that's the only way me and a lot of other people are ever going to be fully happy with a new Terminator anything.

But like I said earlier, I'm still looking forward to this show, and you can bet your behind I'll be watching it (until it gets taken off the air or if it really is just too horrible to watch).
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will last a little bit; probably will end up like Blade: The Series which was canned earlier this tear after 12 or 13 episodes leaving the viewers with a major cliff hangar. I don't see this show getting a 20 episode season, maybe 12 like I mentioned earlier.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly going to watch the first few episodes to see what it looks like. I just hope, like others, that it won't be canned by Fox after just a few episodes, like they usually do with their series.

BTW, anybody else find it funny that the "Protector" is named Cameron? Wasn't it James CAMERON who directed the first two Terminator movies?

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rasmukel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Terminator was the best, in my opinion. I don't really like it when they try to expand the movie over and over and it ends up becoming a huge flop. I personally thought the third one was terrible.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skimming through the Pilot a bit, it looks ok, Summer Glau as a Terminator is wierd to see Confused She can't really pull off the attitude but can pull off the blank stares ::D:
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the last few nights watching the Terminator trilogy, which I hadn't watched in quite a while. Then tonight I accidentally found the pilot of The Sarah Connor Chronicles on the internet, and obviously couldn't keep myself from watching it.

So like I've said, I'm a big fan of the first two Terminator movies, the second one being my favorite by far. That being said, I did like the pilot. I really liked all the concepts used in it (I don't want to spoil anything). I will definitely be watching this show. The one thing I do have a bit of a problem with though is seeing these characters as the same people in the movies. Things they do and say just don't seem exactly like things the characters would do in my opinion, based on growing up watching these characters in movies.

And besides that, there are a couple of plot things I kind of wish they didn't do, but it will still be very interesting to watch.

Overall the only gripe I really have with everything Terminator is that they have never really gotten the timeline correct. Terminator 3 was the one to screw it up the most (besides T2 saying John was 10). So since in the show, Terminator 3 hasn't happened, then they could have at least figured something out to make the timeline not so screwy. But they have kind of screwed it up again.

I know it's not that important in the scheme of things, and it's kind of nerdy to get worked up about it, but in a series about time travel, it seems like a constistant timeline is important.

Like I said though, I really enjoyed the pilot, and am looking forward to seeing more of the series, even if I have a few problems with it.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was one of the main things with the Pilot, the characters don't really feel like the ones we're all used to. And the thing with good Terminator acting very humanlike, it doesn't seem right to me Confused It was still kinda cool though.
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one has been talking about this.

Have any of you been watching? There have been three episodes so far.

EDIT: I've been enjoying the show so far. I'm still having trouble thinking of it as part of the Terminator series, but I have the same trouble with Terminator 3. I also kind of have trouble thinking of the characters as the same ones from the other movies, but they are still very likable in my opinion.

The show has been dropping pretty rapidly as far as ratings go since the first episode, which is a shame. I'd like to see it last for a while.
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because we're lazy. We won't dig up an old thread. We'll only post on the ones that are popular. Haven't seen the show, but it recieved good reviews in my newspaper.
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People bring back old threads all the time.

I was thinking people might have just forgotten the show was on.
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the kid who played her son was really good. What would be awesome is if Ahnold made a cameo, but I seriously doubt it, considering he's the governor of California.
Inzane

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this show so far and looking forward to the 4th episode.

I didn't care for the 3rd movie too much, but this show has promise. Its not bad for what it is, and considering James Cameron is not involved in the project.
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to rain on your parade, but I don't see this show lasting for more than 1 season. I think that it will end up like most of Fox's previous hits and get canceled after a couple of episodes. It always seems like Fox's most advertised new shows end up being the ones canceled, for example Drive last year.

Let's Go Ducks!
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone doubts that as a strong possibility, but that doesn't mean we're not going to enjoy it while it lasts, and hope that it lasts longer.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually pretty cool now that I've seen more episodes, was pissed when I realized that there wouldn't be a new episode yesterday night (gorram State of the Union Neutral ). There is a strong possibility of it not lasting too long but then again with the writer's strike and the lack of new episodes of many TV shows, it might have a chance.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: