FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rogue Trader - Smuggling Group Project

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Rogue Trader - Smuggling Group Project Reply with quote

Here comes my first Star Wars MOC for a very long time. Presenting the Rogue Trader (<--Link to gallery)

Yes, this is how I like to make my models: one man, but big and bulky...

Anyhoo, here's the back view and the rear engine, and the side engines are here. Here is how I got the bulky engines to fit snugly on the sides.

The cargo hold can hold one of those barrel shaped containers, and it ejects through the bottom of the ship. Bay doors are shown closed and half open/half closed(Sorry for the blur on that picture.)

The cockpit is rather cramped, due to the SNOTted sides. But here's the finale, the extra touch: the secret compartment. It's 4 bricks across both ways, and is 2 1/3 bricks (7 plates) deep. It is only a manual lift job; I considered putting in some kind of hinge, but that would have made it conspicuous or wasted space. So here's the container and the lid of the secret compartment.

Finally, a word on the colour. This is meant to be an old, beaten up ship, so the only colour accentuations are the two bleys. But everywhere else, I welcome commentsa and criticism, so tell me what you think!!! Very Happy
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one! Ir looks great. Very Happy
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the size, but hey that's just me.
But for it's size it looks good. Kinda like a civilian speeder.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691: Glad you like it. I can't say I'm planning to make instructions though...

DestructiveDelirium: The size issue is a bit wierd I guess, 'cos smugglers normally use slightly larger frieghtyers. But nullusa anxietas.

Thnaks to you both for commenting, does anyone else wish to add something? Very Happy
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree with the "small" aspect, just because when I think of "smuggling" ships, I think of big freighters like the Falcon. However, I guess you can justify that by saying it's faster or something like that.

Overall it's a nice model, even with the smaller size. I especially like this portion under the cockpit, looks really nice. I also like the two engines on the side and how you attached those. I have no suggestions for the actual model, but personally I think that blue and yellow stand you used in the picture kinda takes away from the model. But that's just a small thing of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an awesome little ship, it kinda resembles a pelican from halo 1 and 2
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junsier: Yeah, but the Millenium Flacon is one of the fastest ships in the galaxy, as was the Ebon Hawk and they were both mid sized freighters. Anyhoo, I just aint got the pieces to do a large scaled frieghter... Regarding the blue and yellow stand, I made it that colour so that it wouldn't blend in with the ship itself...

strwrs429: Thanks, and I'll take your word for it, I play neither of those games and have no idea what a "pelican" is, except in the ornithological sense.

Merci to you for commenting, and sorry for bumping this, I forgot to reply...
DarthPineapple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cute, maybe could you give it 2 more guns? The smuggler must protect its cargo!

Brickshelf Gallery
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: