FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Straight shooters list (now with Rating System !)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with Kungfused and Morgan on this one. An honest buyer deserves to be on the list. Some members here only buy things, some people only trade, and some only sell, but they all deserve the same treatment.

Heck, even on eBay, the first glance you get at a member's feedback includes his/her buyer's feedback. So why should be worse than they are?

On the other hand, starting June 7th, I am implementing the following changes for the Straight Shooter's list :

1) Rating system
A first recommendation will get your name on the Straight Shooter's list. After that, each recommendation will earn the member a star (*), up to ten (10) stars.

This rating systems will begin from my last update of the list. In short, it starts from June 7th, 2005. No backtracking.

2) Complaint about a Straight Shooter
If you have a complaint about a deal you made with a member on the list, you can PM me about it (no public posts please). Complaints will be accepted for the following reasons :

- member not completing his/her end of a deal;
- unreasonable delay in paying or shipping an item (for reference, don't complaint unless the delay is more than two (2) months);
- major differences between item's description and item's actual condition.

Of course, your complaint should also include all the necessary facts (content of e-mails, pictures, links to posts, etc.)

If the complaint is within the specified reasons, I'll send a PM to the member in question, telling him he got a complaint against him and of what nature. If the person gets a second complaint within the next three (3) months, the member will be taken off the list. He will then have to be nominated again to get back on.

Of course, a member taken off the list will loose whatever stars he had accumulated in the rating system.

There. I hope those changes will help create a honest and helpful environment for FBTB members to trade/sell/buy.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cjsan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_dotcom wrote:
Just completed a great deal with Chris Santos (aka "cjsan") & I would highly recommend him as a person to trade/deal with.

Thanks again for the Castle stuff Chris!

Thanks. Very Happy

I know he's already on here, but I'll add yet another recommendation for ed_dotcom. This was my first trade, and he made it easy and fun.

Thanks again for adding to my growing SW collection.
Malay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add Jedi_PloKoon to the list, as well as putting in an additional "Yay" for Erlic. Both guys were great to deal with and got everything shipped very quick.
ed_dotcom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wonderful deal done, & this time with a great person to deal with overseas... I'm talking about "Spoelle" here in the forums... he is a great trader!

Thanks for the deal Christian.

Life is Good.

My BrickLink Store
Spoelle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give this thank also to you!

The deal worked out very well!

Thanks again!

Christian
"Woe to you, oh Earth and sea, for the devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast - for it is a human number. Its number is six-hundred-and-sixty-six-"
fmoo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: great sellers - do not disturb & stawas Reply with quote

Since it appears to be helpful to reiterate the good people on the SS list, I'd like to mention that I recently had great experiences with buying from both do not disturb and stawas. Great communication, fast shipping, no hassles!

Dennis

thievery.org/dennisc | flickr
markz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timborino wrote:

I completed a sale with markz, therefore I can nominate him, and I hope he nominates me, too.

Wow, I feel somewhat famous to have stirred up a little controversy!

Thanks for the nomination, Tim! And I'd like to send one right back at you! I just completed my first deal here on FBTB with timborino! I hope the rest go as well as this one did!

I have two more deals in the works right now (and one is as a trader, not a buyer!) I will hopefully be able to nominate two more people soon!
Malay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More nominations!

One for Darth Drew -. a little delayed becuase it took me some time to get around to building the set Very quick to ansewer PMs!

The second one...

Quote:
I have two more deals in the works right now (and one is as a trader, not a buyer!)

is for markz! Another excellent trader to work with!
do not disturb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timborino wrote:

I don't see why buyers should not be added to the list. I, as a seller, would very much like to know that the person I'm selling my wares to is trustworthy. I imagine other sellers are like that, too. And markz is in essence a trader - he traded me money for my Lego sets.
I completed a sale with markz, therefore I can nominate him, and I hope he nominates me, too.

heres the problem with nominating buyers....

first off, what responsibility does a buyer have other than paying? none.
what responsibility to do you have as a seller? quite a bit.
i could easily join this site, buy a bunch of stuff from people, pay them in a timely fashion, and get added to the SS list. so whats the harm in that?
well if i were a thief, a liar or just plain bored, i could just as easily claim to be selling a bunch of sets, "oh, i'm on the SS list(mind you its strictly for purchases and not trades or sales to other members), so you can trust me". people start sending the dude money without even thinking twice about it, you know cause he's on the SS list. then BAM! he outie 5000 with all your money and all those who got robbed will complain how this person got on the SS list?
when someone does the research, they'll figure out, "hey this guys just been buying here, he's never actually sold anything to anyone EVER!"..."shoot that sucks man, sorry" really isn't going to cut it and the SS list will be worthless.
does this make sense?

here it is in simple terms....
as a seller and/or trader, you really have to prove yourself. from timely emails, to shipping quotes, to timely trips to the PO and being honest about the description of what teh other person is buying.

while as a buyer, the only responsibility you have is make a quick payment and thats not good enough to get on the SS list as far as i'm concerned.

please think on this a while before responding. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to nominate Malay. Good trader, good packing, fast shipping. A+ Smile
markz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not disturb wrote:

first off, what responsibility does a buyer have other than paying? none.
what responsibility to do you have as a seller? quite a bit.
i could easily join this site, buy a bunch of stuff from people, pay them in a timely fashion, and get added to the SS list. so whats the harm in that?
well if i were a thief, a liar or just plain bored, i could just as easily claim to be selling a bunch of sets, "oh, i'm on the SS list(mind you its strictly for purchases and not trades or sales to other members), so you can trust me". people start sending the dude money without even thinking twice about it, you know cause he's on the SS list. then BAM! he outie 5000 with all your money and all those who got robbed will complain how this person got on the SS list?
when someone does the research, they'll figure out, "hey this guys just been buying here, he's never actually sold anything to anyone EVER!"..."shoot that sucks man, sorry" really isn't going to cut it and the SS list will be worthless.
does this make sense?

as a seller and/or trader, you really have to prove yourself. from timely emails, to shipping quotes, to timely trips to the PO and being honest about the description of what teh other person is buying.

while as a buyer, the only responsibility you have is make a quick payment and thats not good enough to get on the SS list as far as i'm concerned.

Couldn't anyone join on here, make a few great trades/sales to get on the SS list and then start ripping people off? It's not a fool-proof system. It requires a little trust to make it work.

As with anything you wanna buy, buyer beware. If you aren't comfortable buying or trading with someone, then don't.
Darth Drew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to nominate Malay to the list, she was a great buyer and sent prompt payment. When the shipping was more then expected, she forwarded me the extra. Thanks again.
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not disturb wrote:
timborino wrote:

I don't see why buyers should not be added to the list. I, as a seller, would very much like to know that the person I'm selling my wares to is trustworthy. I imagine other sellers are like that, too. And markz is in essence a trader - he traded me money for my Lego sets.

I suppose you have a point. I always assumed there was an equal amount of trust on both sides (and I've been a buyer, a trader, and a seller myself), therefore someone who's trustworthy enough to be a buyer is trustworthy enough to be a seller.

Which side do you think needs more trust?

(I'm sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, I suppose we could open a new one to discuss this.)

I see what you did there
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also sold a couple Lego sets to Darth dawg a couple days ago, and he was fast and easy to work with. He is a reliable buyer, two thumbs up. Smile

I see what you did there
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooookay... If this is such a huge deal and we feel the need to single out buyers as not "worthy" of this list, how about just marking "buyer" next to their name if/when they get added? That way they can still be on the list for being good and dnd will know they're "just good buyers." ::D:

Whaddya say? Wink

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
mmcb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though he is already on the list, I would like to nominate and thank do not disturb for a great, honest to goodness trade. Much appreciated Very Happy

Cheers,
MMCB
do not disturb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
Ooooookay... If this is such a huge deal and we feel the need to single out buyers as not "worthy" of this list, how about just marking "buyer" next to their name if/when they get added? That way they can still be on the list for being good and dnd will know they're "just good buyers." ::D:

Whaddya say? Wink

m19

okay so that makes a little more sense and i'm down for it. Smile
i'm not saying the SS list is full proof, of course theres loopholes but we should make every effort to plug loopholes when possible.

i've bought from people here, i've sold to people here, and i've traded with people here and i have yet to nominate a single buyer to the SS list and i've sold quite a bit. when those buyers have asked, "why didn't you nominate me to the SS list?" i've gave them the same example as i stated before and they 99.9% of the time, they've responded, "oh, i see, that makes perfect sense".

the burden of proof is on the seller 10 fold in comparison to a buyer. of course as a seller, you don't want to deal with "Mr. Slowpay", who does? but paying slowly isn't like stealing or lying. if the person doesn't pay, you don't have to ship.....how did you as a seller get screwed? what has the buyer really done wrong?
if someone drags you along, and wastes a bunch of your time, sure it sucks, i've had it happen to me dozens of times here. but its like you or anyone else is stupid enough to ship something before someone pay for it. i may be out some time, but certainly not any money.

i'm saying this for the record, adding buyers to the SS list is a bad idea.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not disturb, timborino and Morgan19,

Please take this to PM, email or into a completely different thread. Although your points might be related to the topic, right now, you're just making the same points over and over again, and it's making it hard for me to check for posts nominating members for the SS list.

Thank you.

Last edited by Dazombie on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list has been updated.

tnickolaus

Location: Munich / Bavaria / Germany / Europe / Earth / Solar System / Milky Way / Universe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you goes to Clone master. I received some Ep III Clones and other Minifigs in perfect condition, well packed, and shipped very fast! A perfect trade!
Darth Dawg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add another star for both timborino and do not disturb. I just had quick and easy deals with both of them!
mr. commander cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i nominate Voice of Reason.
he threw in four black minifig heads into our trade cause i was short on them.

also i know hes up there, but Do Not Disturb is an honnest trader too.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list has been updated

languages

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thourghly reccomed tnickolaus I traded 2 clonies for a Greedo and a LULS Darth Vader. Everything arrived fast and in perfect condition.
copyrrrrr
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first trade since the fall of the forums. tnickolaus rocks.

Thanks dude for the AT-TE and the extra figs that I bought too.
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
do not disturb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a HUGE shout out for sith35 for a totally free hook up on some little armory weapons. Very Happy thanks dude!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate mr. commander cody.

We successfully traded 4 battle droids for 4 Ep II clone trooper heads. The battle droids came well packed and the shipment was sent promptly.
markz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list of people that think tnickolaus is a great asset to FBTB! He hooked me up with a couple of minifig magnets!

Thanks!
tnickolaus

Location: Munich / Bavaria / Germany / Europe / Earth / Solar System / Milky Way / Universe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Smile
I recommend markz as a perfect buyer. It was an absolutely smooth transaction, including fast and easy communication plus quick payment.
Malay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to put a vote in for mmcb.

Thanks!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: