FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UCS ISD-scale Rebel Medium Transport

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warhawk
G.I. Brick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: UCS ISD-scale Rebel Medium Transport Reply with quote

It's certainly one of the smaller models I've posted so far, but I like how this one turned out: It's the Gallofree Yards Rebel Medium Transport as seen on Hoth built in the same scale as the UCS Star Destroyer.

I wanted to get rid of all that bley which has accumulated in my collection by building some UCS ISD-scale ships (it fits as I was unlucky enough to get one of the first bley ISDs). The Medium Transport was the first of these ships, but I hope to be able to add a few more.

Last edited by warhawk on Tue May 01, 2007 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
TsoAutTmo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! Nice! I love your MINIs (I love your UCS too, btw)

Nice unique approach. I've never seen that nose piece before.

Any belly pics in the future maybe? Wink

Anyway, awesome model. Hope to see more Wink

Oh yeah, since I didn't mention this in the custom avatar topic, I'll mention it here. Awesome Avatar!
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm annoyed I didn't spot this while browsing Brickshelf, but am also amazed. I couldn't see you ever doing another Mini again.
But this is so cute and cool and I love it.
Well done and I can't wait for more (or your next UCS) Razz
Curtis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great, I've been fiddling around for ages trying to make a decent looking one in ISD scale, you've made it looks awesome and cute. Smile
I think I wight need to build myself some of these soon, when I get a chance.

I would also like to see some belly pics when you get at chance if thats OK.

PS: Might I ask what set that nose piece comes from.

Brickshelf Flickr MOCpages
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you incorporated the Bley windshield piece to the get that roundish look... Most excellent.

Hey, how did you get that nice looking avatar?

My Brickshelf Gallery
Legostein
MINI Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, agreed, this is the most cute Gallofree we've ever seen! Bravo! Very nice use of parts. And this leads me to my point of criticism. It's the use of parts which makes a good model, not the number. I find your statement kind of offending as 38% (45 out of 118) of all my models have less than 30 pieces. Confused

~ Christopher
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
warhawk
G.I. Brick

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TsoAutTmo: I'm afraid there's not much on the underside. Nevertheless: here you go. Please excuse the bad lighting / heavy shadow.

Ed: I didn't really had plans for another MINI, but sometimes it's just great to build something which does not take months.

Curtis: As far as I know, it only came in bley in this Racer. It's also a piece I've never thought I'd use in a custom (wrong colour for example).

Joseph: Glad you like it my friend! About that avatar... it took me about 2 days until I've noticed it myself (makes you think of whether I've really earned it Razz).

Chris: I apologize, I have expressed myself badly. The last thing I wanted to do was to offend MINIs and their builders. You know that I greatly value the clever use of pieces regardless of whether they are used in a small or big model - I've repeatedly expressed this here and elsewhere. I just didn't think that my transport was on the same level as the master MINIs in that respect. I'll re-phrase my original post.
roguebantha

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great little model!
I'm going to have to get me one of those pieces, I was never really happy with my version.
I look forward to more UCS ISD scale Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: