FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Savier" X-wing (updated - final)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaaand I'm finally done , after a lot of time spent on minor modifications.
I'm finally happy with the nose. Added some minor greebling near that part, added the tube/thing between the engine and cockpit. My camera ran out of battery before I could take a pic of the ship standing on it's landing gear, but I promise you that those look great. I also made the interior a lot more spacey, also I made the headrest using Mike's BrickFA technique Very Happy.

Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I'd like to apologise for not comenting sooner on how totaly awesome and fantastic that is Cool
Second, you have my vote. The newest incarnation rocks with just one exception, though to be honest, most sets are guilty of that. The holes around the cocpit bug me, but it's still brilliant.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olog wrote:
Aaaaaaaaand I'm finally done , after a lot of time spent on minor modifications.
I'm finally happy with the nose. Added some minor greebling near that part, added the tube/thing between the engine and cockpit. My camera ran out of battery before I could take a pic of the ship standing on it's landing gear, but I promise you that those look great. I also made the interior a lot more spacey, also I made the headrest using Mike's BrickFA technique Very Happy.

Sweet. I love the way the nose came out... this whole thing is fantastic. I have to say it looks more like a combination of the X-Wing and Y-wing rather than a continuation from the ARC ... but I don't care. I dub thee "The Rebel illegitimate child" and it shale hence forth be known as such in my mind.

What the... I can't say that now either? It fits so well... "illegitimate child: the illegitimate offspring of unmarried parents" just feels right for this ship... oh well. Rolling Eyes
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::D: DonSolo, I would honestly completely change it's name if that word weren't "bleeped". (thanks for quoting the pics)

And thanks Joedward! But from what I remember, the contest will have a jury, so no voting this time.

I won't edit my first post so here's the brickshelf gallery (when public) and some deeplinks (I hope I can make this work, I never tried this before)

Pic

landed

landing gear folded at the back, completely unnoticeable , and unfolded, it can sustain the entire ship

main pic

the leather seat I was talking about

the trunk

and one more

Thanks everyone who commented, it really helped.
Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olog wrote:
::D: DonSolo, I would honestly completely change it's name if that word weren't "bleeped".

Just italics some of the name Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, they put the filters in for a reason Eddy Wink
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if this compitition was an open for eveyone to vote, my vote would be for you. I REALLY love your model, its beautiful. So much detail, in parts it doesnt even look like Lego, it looks like a real model.
Plus the other thing I really like about it is the uniquness of the model, it has a faint resemblance of the Xwing, but its changed enough that it actually looks like its been changed.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Mystery Machine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is well and truly the nuts, it looks super cool, and i like the name don gave it , it really just rolls of the tounge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice update. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very slick looking. I love that huge white engine intake thingy. The back is probably my favorite view, as the engines and greeblies in that area are excellently placed.

My personal gripe would have to be the unsymmetrical-ness (?) of the wings and things. Of course, it’s just my preference, but have you considered building another set of wings, and one more huge white engine intake thingy? Perhaps the wings can take the place of those two angled white slopes, therefore making it look like the wings is embedded into the huge engine thing. Also, it would still have the original “X” shape that we all know and love from the X-Wing.

I don’t know if I made myself clear enough, but hopefully you can understand. Either way, it’s a great model with lots of neat techniques (love the “leather” seats).

Click the pic to view my bricks.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the asymmetry is what makes it awesome... don't listen to him Wink
TsoAutTmo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah!

Sorry, I haven't seen your model ever since the, oh what was it, the second ver? But, woah! What an improvement!

I love the curvy-ness of the nose Very Happy
Ara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win!
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the most abstract one I've seen, not only that, you also have managed to get it look as if it was made by a professional designer... You'll get my vote!

My Brickshelf Gallery
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody! Thanks to everyone who commented.

Some people have kindly asked for instructions, so that's what I've been working on for the last 6 hours. This is my first time, so it might get confusing in some areas.

Here's the gallery (2 pages) if anyone does build it , I would love to see it.

edit: 1st instructions page starts from the 2nd gallery page.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, over the weekend I hit up bricklink and ordered me all the parts I should need to build my own "Savior" (It's still the Rebel illegitimate child to me Wink) with sand blue highlights instead of yellow and mostly new bleys. I've gotta come up with my own solution for that compartment lid behind the cockpit though, as that hinged bit doesn't come in sand blue. There might be a few other small things I'll change for my own purposes, but all in all it'll be Olog's ship.

Those instructions, while not the best, certainly show enough to build one. Thank you for doing that. And you can be certain that once I do, I'll take a nice set of pictures for it.
Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! can't wait to see it in your new colors. Yeah, you can replace the yellow lid with simple tiles. Also, there is a really weird part under the cockpit that I can find no excuse for ...it's uselessly full of tiles, feel free to simplify that part.

Every time I look at those instructions they seem more and more horrible and incomprehensible. They'll get better in the future.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this ship!! Completely original and the new nose is really sharp. Ties it well into the air-intake. Fantastic!
lowlead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olog, pardon me for chiming in so late, but as soon as I saw the instructions you posted I had to finally comment on this innovative MOC.

I've been following this thread on and off for a while, so I've had an opportunity to see the various stages of your Evo X. Long story short, I thinks it's one of the most original designs to come through the pipeline in a while. I'm a big fan of asymmetry, and your final solution for the nose is brilliant. First the V Wing, now this. You got some skills, bro.

I will most certainly build a copy! (as soon as I find time, that is)

Matt
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I think I've got all the parts I'll need for mine now... I'll probably give it a shot this weekend.
General Veers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, Cool Smile
If I had the parts, I'd probably build a modified version. the lack of wings on one side would drive me crazy. I'm a conformity freak.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so, I found I need to order some more parts for this sucker ::D: I got to building it, and I have to say... that engine was a bit too fragil to me. I changed the internals, so the front doesn't have an opening as deep as yous did, but it's nice and sturdy now. Changed the ski setup on the droid bodies for a more "system" feel, made some cosmetic changes to the wings to work in a tad more sand blue, and got the nose together... that's as far as I've got.

Olog
Ambassadargh!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm glad it's coming together Very Happy the sand blue looks great.

I don't know, the round parts from the rear of the engine were a bit sensitive, but the rest seemed alright. Now you'll have to find another way to attach the engine to the body I think. The skis look almost the same as my version, only more legit.

Since the sand blue pretty much melts in with the rest of the light blay I have to agree with those changes to the wing, but if I were to use yellow bricks in the wing it would've been too much.

anyway, Very Happy i'm excited about this, are you planning on keeping it built as a display?
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yeah! Once I get this done up and tweaked to my liking, I'll be keeping it together... else I wouldn't of gone to bricklink and spent as much as I did already, and I wouldn't be going back to finish it ::D:

I love sand blue... it works so well with he bleys and the small bits in the wing won't end up out of place. Then the white just looks all the more stark against the bleys and blue, so it comes out clean...

But you're right, now that the studs are out rather than in it will be a new type of connection to the body. In fact, I just came up with an idea... Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: