FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Happiness Project [Day Four: Thank a Mentor]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see...

I am thankful for:
-Meeting new friends this school year, and coming out of my antisocial shell
-meeting my friend Sharleen, who gives me hope to go tos chool everyday
-Sharleen giving me bear hugs everyday XD

-Having a good computer that can handle various software and games
-Having an extensive PC game and music library
-Being able to read, if not, I would never have read "Animal farm"
-Being able to be outspoken against various issues (politcal "correctness", religion organized and non, and the government

-Having a great community, and making new friends on a site that I, and other people, can go on to express out love for Legos.

-Metting (online) the wacky Count Blockula, a fellow Bostonian, and Austin and all the kind things he has done, and many other people

-and having a good job that makes it able for me to by an Alienware computer......in 2 years
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was fantastic. I made it a point to hold the door for everyone any time I entered a building and smiled and said 'Hello' to everyone I passed on campus. I got a lot of smiles and quite a few new friends because of it!

So, Day Two begins! Lets get out there and do some random good!
RevB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh... wonderful random acts of kindness Smile

You know, I think what is central to this is that eventually it becomes not just something we do, but part of who we are. The whole process of looking for ways to be kind tunes us to the needs of other people, it can make us more aware of what is going on around us. How often do we ask someone: "how are you?" when all we mean is: "hey, I see you."

It points to the reality that happiness isn't really about our own circumstances, but the choices we make and the attitudes we have.

...and how can we look around for the opportunity to do something kind?
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, I forgot to post my Day 1, so I'll post Days 1 and 2 at the same time. Smile

Day Uno: I'm thankful for my wonderfully supportive family, and my girlfriend who's always there for me and always knows how to cheer me up; I'm thankful that I was blessed with above-average intelligence and that I'm able to compete successfully in academics (I'm the second-ranked Scholastic academic decathlete in my region, and I'm also a National Merit Scholar); I'm thankful that I have teachers that finally treat me as equals, not as subordinates (I've gone to movies with my calc and physics teachers); and I'm thankful for all of my fantastic friends from around the world who are always able to make me grin.

Day Dos: I try to hold doors and greet everyone with a grin, just as Austin did. I also help out on occasion a gal at my school who's blind. She's amazingly independent, but occasionally she gets going in the wrong direction (run into a thick crowd and lose her bearings, etc.) and I'll do my best to get her pointed in the right direction. Smile

*randomly goods Austin in the face!* Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do day 2 every day. Ye, I held a door for someone I didn't know, I always thank people fro things, and I smile. I did have a nice day yesterday.
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hold the door open and call people "goat-head."

It's a joke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Samurai Moose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our school has these "Competitive Class Plays" and what it is, the Sophmore, Junuior and Senior class puts on a play and who ever wins gets to lead Homecoming next year.

My friend Sharleen was in the Junior one (i would have ben in sophmore but no crew spots wer eopen) and her class lost. So, afterwards, she was extremenly sad. Pretty much in tears because she thought she messed it up. So, I did my best to comfort her.

I doubt that is "act of kindness" though...BUT, I work at hannaford supermarket, and as I was getting my check, one register didnt have a bagger, so I just went over and bagged a womans order. Even though I wasn't on clock.
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*high fives everyone*

Well this isnt really a random act, but I went over to my neighbors and helped her carry boxes for like an hour... brr... it would have helped if I had remembered my coat Wink
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, at the end of the second day, I found I had done the following:

Taken my sister to the mall even though she hadn't been very nice to me

Let a lady with two kids take a parking spot in front of Barnes and Noble even though I was there first

Helped a lady find a book at Barnes and Noble, even though I wasn't on-the-clock

Bought a friend of mine a book because I'd heard him talking about how he wanted to read it

Well, I'm going to go edit the original post and let Day Three begin (for those of you who are wondering why the days are taking about 1 1/2 - 2 days to complete, it's because I'm trying to give everyone a chance to have a complete day)!
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so Day Two and Day Three both took place today. Smile

Day Two's Mission: I got my mom an autographed photo of Patricia Arquette. Made her day when I told her Ms. Arquette said she had a pretty name. Smile

Day Three's Mission: It rained today. While I sent my buddy running to the car with all our posters and autographed pictures (his Day Two? Wink), I had a nice walk in the cool rain. Felt fantastic.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get too off-topic here, but this rain we've been getting in the Sudwest is quite a lot of fun. Granted, my windshield wiper blades haven't been replaced in years, and sure, my tires are getting worn, but heck, who doesn't enjoy playing blind bumper cars?

Almost as much fun as driving by braille. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Savor Lifes joy, eh?

Hmmm...
Well, as I was getting out of work, the sky was clearing up from the snow, and it had a VERY nice blue to it. it was very...beautiful.

another, more geeky, I savor how good Half Life 2 is Smile
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as savoring the little things go, thats a daily thing for me, so I'm not too sure what to post. I'm gonna go update for Day Four!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: