FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If LEGO remade Classic Space what color scheme should it be?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsocal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: If LEGO remade Classic Space what color scheme should it be? Reply with quote

If LEGO remade Classic Space what color scheme should it be?

1. Blue, new light gray, and transparent yellow canopies and windows

2. New light gray, new dark gray, and clear canopies and windows

3. White, light gray, and light blue canopies and windows.

4. Black with dark blue canopies and windows

5. No color schemes, just make a lot of unique spaceships centered around exploration and other non-battle themes

6. Leave 'classic space' alone, it served its role in the past and its time to move one. No space theme could ever top Star Wars anyway.

If none of these suit your taste, what would you like to see (or not) ??

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.

Last edited by johnsocal on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even have a clue. But if LEGO can do it right, which I know they can, it could be better than Star Wars, which, personally, is becoming increasingly lackluster (with exception of the gem that is the Sail Barge... how I pine for that set!)

I'd like to see White or something neutral - Bley, Dark Bley, or Brown - paired with Yellow or Orange.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue, red, orange, or green highlight with a base color of black, white or bley
Unit 186

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that like asking what color blacktron should be? If they're bringing back a line, keep the color.
PocasNuckie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and Red!! Very Happy

Pocas
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be many

Black and red
White and blue
Light bley, dark bley with yellow or orange

As long as LEGO does what they do best I have no doubt that a space line could possibly seem cooler than many Star Wars sets
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of gray, white and blue. It seems to me some of the newer elements still haven't been made in blue (wedge 2x6 left/right, wedge 2x6 left/right inverted, cylinder 3 x 6 x 2 2/3, etc.), so this would be a good opportunity.
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see a good splash of green in them, especially dark green.

Dark blue and white would be pretty cool as well. Not dark red or the sand colors though, it would seem too star warsy I think.

I am not a big fan of yellow, although trans yellow would be great.

One thing I noticed in the past FBTB contest is that I have a lot of grey and there was a lot of fantastic work displayed that used colors in an astonishing way. So one of the things I need to work on as a builder is the addition of color.

BTW, anyone want to trade their bley pieces for old grey? just a thought.

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unit 186 wrote:
Isn't that like asking what color blacktron should be? If they're bringing back a line, keep the color.

Actually, yes... Blacktron I was primarily black, yellow, and trans yellow, whereas Blacktron II was primarily black, white and trans neon green...

Space police is even more radical in color differences with Space Police I being black, blue and trans reds, and Space Police II grey, black, trans green... you get the idea...

It really depends on the definition of classic space... some folks may want the late 70's early 80's classic space that was mostly blue, grey (would be light bley now) and yellow / trans yellow... some may feel classic space is just before the futron line where there was a heavy mix of white and trans blue in *I always chuckle about this part* non airtight cockpits

As for my preference, I would like to see some sort of re-release of the Galaxy Explorer...and I would hope it would come before any thought of re-release of the )(*@&$ Republic Gunship (since I already have 2 of those)

Putting my mayoral exploratory committee on hold as I pursue my MBA...
warhawk
G.I. Brick

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light bley, blue and trans-yellow. Otherwise it wouldn't be Classic Space.

Now that I think of it, make that light grey instead of light bley... bley just doesn't work with "Classic" Razz.

Reto (who still thinks that LL 918 was the greatest set ever)
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warhawk wrote:
Light bley, blue and trans-yellow. Otherwise it wouldn't be Classic Space.

Now that I think of it, make that light grey instead of light bley... bley just doesn't work with "Classic" Razz.

Reto (who still thinks that LL 918 was the greatest set ever)

Light bley might still work... maybe... and 928 over 918 any day...

Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mixture of Grey, Dark-Grey, Sand Blue (Which is another hue of Grey), Blue, and Trans-Yellow canopies, would be probably the best representation of Classic-Space IMO...
Other schemes like red with greys, green with greys or black with greys might be better suited for Anime like themes, or some militaristic themes but not for an exploration theme...

My Brickshelf Gallery
johnsocal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im partial to gray and blue with yellow canopies to really seperate it from Star Wars vehicles. I would like to see modern interpetation of old Classic Space sets using newer SNOT techniques and etc.

Does anyone have a pic of that really cool large ship someone made with classic space colors?

If I remember correctly it had a large cargo area or somethink it.

Visit my Official LEGO Factory site: http://tinyurl.com/yrsw7l to buy or download my Mandalorian ships or Space City Modules for FREE.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warhawk wrote:

It'll never happen. If anyone thinks that the use of bley is going to "ruin" future space sets, they might as well just write off new space now.

johnsocal wrote:

Does anyone have a pic of that really cool large ship someone made with classic space colors?

You mean the Galactic Explorer? That's pretty cool, but I prefer this take on neo-classic space.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone calls it Transparent Yellow.
It's Transparent ***GOLD***!!! [edit] ::D: [/edit]

Blue, TrGold (fine TrYellow)/Yellow, Bley/DkBley should be the primary colors in that order. I'd love to have Shades of Blue and Yellow including the Golds - Pearl, Metallic and Chrome.

And Warhawk, I had the Galaxy Explorer.

Last edited by Battle Zombie Alita on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Count Blacktron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unit 186 wrote:

How's about a new sub-theme to kick it off: The not-so-neutral, not quite on the side of right and occasionally leaning to naughtiness... The mighty Tantron faction!! Featuring lotsa tan colors and tan spacesuits. Wink

No, really.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's going to be "Classic Space" then it needs to be the correct colors:

Blue, light grey, trans yellow/gold and crater plates!!!

If that color scheme isn't a winner (unlikely), then use this scheme:

White, grey, trans dark blue. Smile
Darkkazmo
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajcross123 wrote:
I don't know why everyone calls it Transparent Yellow.
It's Transparent ***GOLD***!!!

From where did you come up with that term? When LEGO made that color back in the seventies, I don't think "Gold" or Trans-Gold" was on their color pallet!

My Brickshelf Gallery
Obi-wan Jimboski

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:

You mean the Galactic Explorer? That's pretty cool, but I prefer this take on neo-classic space.

There is also this one from Admiral Giddens which is a pretty fitting tribute...

Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkkazmo wrote:
From where did you come up with that term?

Yeah, but I want to call it that. I'd rather have a "gold" canopy than getting confused about some liquid making it that color. Smile

Oh, yeah. Crater Plates! Definitely, Crate Plates!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
warhawk wrote:

It'll never happen. If anyone thinks that the use of bley is going to "ruin" future space sets, they might as well just write off new space now.

johnsocal wrote:

Yep, I think the pic below was the one I was thinking about.

Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the colors used for the exo-force would be a great idea for space themes. I am a bit partial to the colors that the robots use as apposed to the humans in exo-force. The black, dark blue and dark reds are really awesome.

The force is strong with this one......
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, whatever gets designed for a new Space line would come from the existing color palette, because bringing back something retired, such as old grey, would mean added costs to LEGO... which I'm pretty sure theyre not trying to do.

With that in mind, what about a spin on old Space coloring?

Remember how there were different color minifigs (both Classic and with the newer helmets)... white, yellow, blue, red, black? They all had sets that were predominantly that color, if I remember correctly. I could be wrong, as I'm not looking this up first.

But having one theme, with different colors to different sets in small groups lets you create your own sub-themes as your imagination sees fit. I remember my old Space sets (I didn't have too many, I was a Townie as a kid), and I just made different "teams" from the different colors. White was a small team, so they joined with black. I had a lot of yellow, and a ton of blue, so they were each a team. Red... I think I only had two or so.

I like the new colors, personally, so seeing LEGO use those colors in bunches would be fantastic for a gajillion reasons, parts packs being one and cool colorful ships being another. There's undoubtably more.
johnsocal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its very important that if LEGO makes Classic Space again that its color and design doesn't look like something that wouldn't exist within the SW's universe.

I would like to see LEGO make a moonbase using the standards that have been created within the AFOL community.

Last edited by johnsocal on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Logan Starfire

Location: somewhere in the Metro New York area... Currently: Contemplating stuff...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsocal wrote:
I would like to see LEGO make a moonbase using the standards that have created within the AFOL community.

That would be awesome. Not only would that make official sets completely compatible, but it would give those new to Classic-Space.com (or infrequent visitors such as myself) a great introduction to the standards created by the AFOL community.
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been out of the loop for a few days so I apologize if this has already been posted, but have you all seen this thread over on EB?

new SPACE sets in 2007!!!!, confirmed by Lego ambassadors!!

Quote:
It started as a rumour not so long ago, but it's been confirmed now by ambassador Ben over at Classic Castle (isn't that hilarious? a castle dude confirming space sets? tong.gif ) ; Lego will release new sets of our beloved space theme in 2007!! No word on details/actual theme/... just yet. We'll get more news at one point though. We can only hope that the space ambassadors have had a serious input, then my guess is we'll be getting great stuff!! oh.gif

(EDIT-) Ahh yep, I just noticed it's been discussed in another FBTB thread.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They confirmed it on Friday last week, I saw it on CS... two of the ambassadors chimed in - there will be a new space theme, possibly in '07, and the ambassadors had a hand in the development of it. The last part is what I'm most excited about…
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
They confirmed it on Friday last week, I saw it on CS... two of the ambassadors chimed in - there will be a new space theme, possibly in '07, and the ambassadors had a hand in the development of it. The last part is what I'm most excited about…

It is definitely in 2007, no "possibly" about it. Smile
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early or late 07?
BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I can't answer Wink Sorry
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: