FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scarab Class Droid Starfighter and landing pad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Scarab Class Droid Starfighter and landing pad Reply with quote

Hey fellow bothans, here is my moc that is killing 3 birds with one stone: the Scarab Droid Starfighter. The 1st bird is that I've wanted to build it for a while now, the 2nd bird is that as a droid, it's elegible for the contest, and the 3rd bird is that it can also be entered into AC's landing pad group build. And now, without further ado , the pictures...

Okay, I'll start off with the hangar. It's fairly simple, and allows a scarab to dangle comfortably from the beams above. A PK droid handles all the controls. The four beams are fairly strong, and can easily support it. They can also lift up to allow the scarab to dock again.

Next, onto the Scarab itself. As there are only a couple of decent pictures on the whole internet, I was able to leave myself some room for interpretation, such as building the wings into the rear. The bottom is nothing fancy, it just holds the ship together.

Now, fair enough, you will be thinking, you've made a large brown slab. But now is the Scarab's party piece, the outtrigger wings. Shown again from the bottom, and from nearly 3/4. Two battle droids were savaged to bring you the working wing mechanism, (sorry about the glare).

Finally, here is a short movie showing a full 360(ish) degree view.

Here are the opening wings, (well, one of them) in action.

EDIT: Check out the gallery when modded...

I hope you like it, be sure to leave lots of C+C!!!

Last edited by CommanderJake on Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Teg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea! Can I hop onto it CW Mace Windu-style and use the controls on the top to switch it off?
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teg: Glad you like it!!! Unfortunately, at minifig scale, you may smash it if you hop onto it. Wink And I think you're confusing this for a vulture droid, which is what mace jumps on... Very Happy
Teg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not confusing. But if a minifig gets on top, there's a control panel there. So perhaps we can get some power over the droid from there and ride it Mace-style?
501legion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey this moc is very good, i especially liked the wing mechanism, though scarabs dont have vulture droid heads

113/8
roguebantha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work, I've shot down plenty of these guys in the Starfighter game.
The overall shape is instantly recodnisable but I think may be the body could be slimmed down a bit, especially thickness-wise, and as 501 said, I'd lose the vulture droid head.
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

501legion:I'm glad you think it's good, the reason I included the vulture droid head was because that was actually the starting point of the whole build. Thanks for commenting!!! Very Happy

roguebantha:I've shot a fair few of them myself, that's why I wanted to build this model. I actually started making it as 4 studs wide, but it looked way too thin, so I increased it to 6 instead. However, I do see your point. Again, thanks for looking!!! Very Happy

Anyone else care to comment? Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: