FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Special Poll: Ferrari

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Special Poll: Ferrari Reply with quote

Update: The poll is now on the front page. please go to http://www.fbtb.net to cast your vote.

Steve has kindly asked for some assistance for some marketing ideas for future LEGO Ferrari products. They are looking for fan opinion as to which set LEGO should make next. Your choices along with links to pictures are below. In addition, you can google image search the car name for more pictures. This poll is open to the public and will only run for 4 days.

1. 1970 Ferrari 512 S - scale 1:10 / 1:12 (build in System bricks)

2. 1971 Ferrari 512 M - scale 1:10 / 1:12 (build in System bricks)

One of them were competing with the Porsche 917 K in the Le Mans movie from 1971 - starring Steve McQueen.

3. 1979 Ferrari 312 T4 F1 car (driver Jody Scheckter) last WM before the M. Schumacher area.

4. 1985 Ferrari 156/85 F1 car (driver Alboreto) power full turbo engine and succesfull the first half of the season.

5. 1990 Ferrari F1 641 car (driver Prost) could have beeen WM champ but a crash in last F1 race stopped it.

An idea could be to do all cars 3, 4, and 5 in scale 1:24 and place them on a plate - each car is an important chapter of Ferraris F1 history. (build in System bricks )

6. 2000 Ferrari F1-2000 (driver M. Schumacher) first WM since 1979 and M. Schumachers first WM for Ferrari.

7. 2004 Ferrari F1-2004 (driver M. Schumacher) latest WM victory from Ferrari.

Do the cars 6 and 7 in scale 1:24 on a plate.[/url] (build in System bricks).

8. 2004 Ferrari F1-2004 car in scale 1:12 (build in System) open hood and see engine + steering.

Of street cars to do :

9. 1987 Ferrari F40 - the first Super Car the world saw and still the icon of a true Super Car - MOST DO !

Build in System bricks in scale 1:10 / 1:12 ( functions - like open front and rear hood - maybe doors as well ).

10. 2005/06 Ferrari FXX - special car only 29 built for the most passionate clients. (build in Technic ).

If you want more images of cars, you can visit http://www.schumacher-fanclub.com/ for more.

Last edited by onions on Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the F40 or a similar model in minifig scale (1:24). Seems that there's been quite a few F1-style sets for minifig, and both styles have been done in the large technic scale (1:10), as well as a new technic F1 this year (1:Cool. Then there's the two system-brick large models, the Enzo Ferrari and the new Spider (1:17). An F1-style in that size would be nice, too, but if I recall both sets had F1 alternate builds.

My vote: Enzo, Spider, or similar in Minifig scale (1:24).

(you can check out all the Ferrari sets here)
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the FXX, but honestly (and I realize I'm probalby in the minority), I'd rather see a 1956 250 GT California Spyder (the Ferris Bueller car) or a 1974 Ferrari Dino 246 GTS because it is so sweet.
preterosso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm partial to the mid-80s 308 GTB, but that's really just the Magnum PI fan in me talking. . . .

I would vote for 1/18 or 1/17 scale to be considered as well: big enough to be detailed, but not huge like 1/10 . . . and (like my modified Enzo) they'd look so nice next to my 1/18 Bburagos!
Darth's Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for the 1979 312 T4.
    1. Probably one of the most unique looking F1 cars of all time. Compared to the field in 1979, the Ferrari nose was radically futuristic.
    2. The sound of the flat 12 engine at high speed (and going up through the gears) was simply awe inspiring. If the devil (Il Diablo) had his own chorus, it would sound like that. Ferrari supposedly "tuned" their exhaust pipes like brass instruments to emit certain sounds.
    (Yes, I actually heard it in person, recordings don't do it justice.)
    3. Also driven that year by the late and great Gilles Villenueve who probably should have taken the title. He was killed a short time after the 79 season.
    4. I had a model of this car as a kid and it still stirs the nostalgia in me.
    5. Building the flat 12 and the nose of the car in Lego form would be fun.

Others would be great, but this one may get overshadowed a bit and I wanted to talk it up.

EDIT: I just noticed that you used 1:24th scale for this choice. That would not be as much fun! Evil or Very Mad I would prefer to see this great model in a much larger scale. (At least 1:16, but 1:10 would be just perfect Smile )

DD

Last edited by Darth's Zombie on Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the iconic f40 myself, but what puzzled me is this: people are voting for the fxx, when, apart from a few differences, it is the enzo ferrari. why? a simple setmod could easily transform your enzo into an fxx, so why bother voting for a product, that when made by lego, will be nearly identical to the previously released enzo? Confused
scoobiepop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i voted f40 out of the choices offered

but ideally a 250 gto or 288 gto

i say go for more classic or iconic ferraris instead of the cookie cutter f1 cars or the new ones
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of those images links may not work. best to copy and paste the link into a browser window
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i myslef wish for a large-scale Testarossa
Faulconbridge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i myslef wish for a large-scale Testarossa

hee hee... The way my new window opened for that image, all I saw at first was the white delivery van in the background and for a brief instant I thought, "THAT'S a Ferrari?!?!" ::D:
warhawk
G.I. Brick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really torn between the 512 S (classic) and the FXX (because I love Technic).

The reason why I voted for the 512 is that the FXX looks too much like an Enzo - we already had that one in Technic and it needed a lot of work to customize (my set is now modded even more than what is shown in my Brickshelf gallery). So, my dream would be a 512 S in Technic!
MandalorianCrush

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FXX. my 2nd cousin (hes 70 ok..) owns 3 ferraris. an Enzo, an F550 and one other ferrari. i wish thw 550 was on that list.
Unit 186

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the FXX. It's my favorite supercar and, by the way, would be a great substitution for an enzo do-over. Smile

Edit: My main reason to do this would be popularity. While I'm interested in good ol' Ferraris of the past, I think kids nowadays would rather see new designs.

Last edited by Unit 186 on Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i goofed. this board won't allow anyone who's not registered vote, despite the fact that the option is there.

in any case, the front page has a ginormous poll everyone can participate in.
MacDuff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if they could make a large Supercar that includes a suspension, transmission, working doors/hood/steering wheel, and 4-wheel drive + 4-wheel steering. And have a nice looking interior, and look cool. And not use those stupid Technic flex tubes and ugly Technic panel parts. And make a new molded windshield part.
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And was armed with some kind of cannon mounted on the roof that could shoot cupcakes and flowers.

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MacDuff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, when you drive the car around on the carpet, it should fire stacks of $100 bills out the back.

And the car should come with a free pet monkey.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it folds out into a bed at night...for company.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a neat little 512S/512M history page:
http://www.imca-slotracing.com/Ferrari%20512S.htm

Would TLG consider making alternate builds in the same set? The wealthy collector would buy all three and have a few parts left to give back to the community. The average joe could build and display his favorite and change if if desired later.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I chose the 1979 model, because it looked the most interesting. I would be alright with the 1970 512 winning because that was my second choice, but I think the current leader would be way too similar to the Enzo Lego made last year.
HJR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it rather bizarre that a host of a site makes a poll and then give their own opinion. It's like during elections someone would say 'hey, here's a poll, I'd vote for Bush because he's pro-this and against that'. It would be strange if poll wouldn't be won by Bush...

I call this poll therefore a non-objective one, and totally useless... Sorry Onions, but you missed the boat on this one...
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the grief we gave him about triple posting, and you get him here?
Lord of the Bricks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the 1970 512 S... And I believe that I had a diecast model of it when I was kid...

My Brickshelf Gallery
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backing up Onions again, did you also notice that he thought it should be an exclusive and only available to the likes whose home is made of Lego?

For example, "I was so glad when minifig capes came out. Forty of them made restless nights on my bed of 2x2 tiles a thing of the past."
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJR wrote:
I find it rather bizarre that a host of a site makes a poll and then give their own opinion. It's like during elections someone would say 'hey, here's a poll, I'd vote for Bush because he's pro-this and against that'. It would be strange if poll wouldn't be won by Bush...

I call this poll therefore a non-objective one, and totally useless... Sorry Onions, but you missed the boat on this one...

eh... people will vote and speak their mind regardless of what i do or say. it's been pretty apparent to me that forum members have no problem speaking their mind.
bluemoose
Scientist at Play [VET]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HJR wrote:

Rot. It's not Ace's poll, he's just facilitating it for Steve W. And regardless of that, this site has a grand tradition of allowing the staff to express their own opinions. And long may it continue.

Comparing it to an election is weird - this vote isn't for which set will be released; it's purely to gather opinions.

What is strange is that a site dedicated to SW LEGO be asked to facilitate a poll on Ferrari LEGO. Wink

Anywho, I voted for the 512S, but I wanted to vote for the 1967 206GT Dino. IMHO, the Dinos (specifically the 206GT & the 246GT/GTS) are some of the greatest cars, let alone Ferraris, ever made.

Ian
Darth Gundam

Location: Utica NY Age:19 Online: sparodicly Handicaps: Colorblind, ADHD Mood: happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:
HJR wrote:

eh... people will vote and speak their mind regardless of what i do or say. it's been pretty apparent to me that forum members have no problem speaking their mind.

True enough most of us like haveing the freedom to do so

Something random this way comes...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: