FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NecronCommander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet we'll see the show through its first season, but I don't see how they could make a second season.
"Yeah. We just blew up the prototype. No more Terminators."
"Except there's that one guy. He made the exact same robot. And made the exact same company. With the same name."
<_<
>_>
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all of the episodes so far. It's good, but it isn't done in the same style as the first two Terminator movies, it's more like T3 than anything else.

The acting is ok, the action is pretty good too, but it comes in spurts, and Headey is a good actress, but doesn't really seem like a Sarah Connor.

Honestly though, I'm hoping they don't cancel the show. I enjoy it, even though I see things I would change, it's one of the better shows on TV, and a step in the right direction after the lame T3 movie. Smile
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brought this back because Season 2 premiered tonight.

Holy crap the episode rocked:

SPOILERS wrote:
OMFG T-1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I ever tell 'yall that I saw the cast at WonderCon in february during their panel? Pretty cool, Summer Glau was even there!

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the premier rocked hard tonight. So many twists and turns my heads still spinning. I especially loved the twist at the end (which Firespray noted), which had me yelling, "Oh Snap!" I'd been hoping they'd do something like that, and then they did. All I can say is, the ante has definately be upped.

And for those not in the know about the Sarah Connor Chronicles, I'd definately recommend buying or renting the first season on DVD. I did, and am glad I did. It was a great first season and really did a good job of doing what a first season should: setting up all the characters and the plotline for the series. Plus, there were a few nice twists along the way.

Anyways, I'm definately excited about what they'll do with season 2. There's a lot of great potential and judging by the little preview at the end of episode tonight, they're going to be tapping a fair deal of it. I'm psyched. Very Happy
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gotten a chance to watch the new episode yet, but I've been excited about it. I had to record it tonight because I watch that show with my dad, and he was watching football, then he had to help my sister with homework, and then he was too tired to watch it. I'm going crazy with anticipation, especially since I got season 1 on DVD recently to re-watch it. I've watched those episodes 3 times each now.

By the way, I think I had a love-hate relationship with this show at first because I couldn't decide whether a lot of it was brilliant or blasphemous, but I've really come to appreciate how brave the creators of this show are and what they're doing with it. It started out a bit rocky in the first season, but by the last couple episodes I was in love with the show. Seriously, that part in the season one finale with John and Derek at the picnic table in the park gets me all teary-eyed every time I see it. Amazing show.

Hopefully I'll be watching the new episode with my dad tomorrow. Very Happy
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on this. The first series was pretty good.
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the new episode several days ago, but didn't post about it. So I am now...

First of all, let me just say "Amazing". Amazing. There, I said it.

While I'd like for the intro to be spoken by Sarah still (they changed the intro and there's a man doing the voiceover now), I'm glad they fixed that little error they had in the old one, which I'm surprised lasted all season. It was the error where she says Skynet sent back two Terminators, one to kill John, and one to protect him. That doesn't make any sense and it always bothered me to hear it at the beginning of every episode.

I loved the whole Johnny Cash song they had playing in the season one finale, and it was great to see another thing like that in this episode, only this time, it was "Samson and Delilah", covered by the score composer for the series and vocalist Shirley Manson, who not only is the singer for the amazing band Garbage, but just so happens to be part of the cast for The Sarah Connor Chronicles this season. It was a great song and it went well with the show.

There was so much awesome action in this episode, and I loved the fact that they were in the canal in that one part. I love the way this show uses so much imagery (especially just in the setting) from the movies. The canal was straight out of the first chase scene in Terminator 2, and I always love the swingset behind the Connor's now burnt down house, as well as the chain link fence around it. The swingset and fence are of course reminiscent of the playground with the fence around it from Terminator 2, and I love how Sarah does chin ups on the swingset in the show, just like she did with her bed in Terminator 2. There's much more imagery I've noticed throughout the show that reminds me of the movies, but those are the major ones I love. The canal definitely made me smile. I was watching the episode with my dad, and he said "That place looks familiar" in a sarcastic way. Haha.

I mentioned how I love that the season one finale even got me teary eyed, well, the part where Cameron was pinned between the two trucks also made me shed some tears. I love that something like Terminator can affect me in that way.

Anyway, the second episode of the second season is on Monday. I am so very much looking forward to it. I definitely recommend that people get the first season on DVD or rent it, and I believe you can watch the last episode (Samson And Delilah) on the official website, in case you haven't seen it yet.

I love this show.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, big fan. I really doubted Lena Heady's ability to portray the more androgynous looking Sarah Connor, but I loved how she pulled it off. I followed the entire first season. I have to say I was very impressed with the special effects, especially the makeup on the Terminators. The acting was also very well-executed, I love how Summer Glau did her "trying to be human" stuff.

><>
Stormleader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I also wonder how long it took Summer Glau to perfect the "Machine Walk" in the newest episode.
(I'm refering to when she was hunting John and Sarah down, you could tell she had suffered some damage just from the way she walked)
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it definitely seemed like she studied Arnold's walk from some parts of the first two Terminator movies. It reminded me of him so much.

New episode tonight! I'll probably have to record it and wait to watch it again though, because I'm sure my dad will be watching football when it's on.

I wonder if they're going to go back and explain some stuff from season one, because they left a lot unexplained. Especially with the blond girl, Cheri, that was John's chem partner. I'm dying to know what the deal is with her. Also, I want to know what the heck was up with that basement with the piano music in the future. Haha.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a place online to watch the episodes? I missed a few last season, and I have Boy Scouts on Monday... Sad
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can watch them on the official website. I just checked and they have the first episode of season 2 on there, as well as what I think is the last 5 episodes of the first season.

http://www.fox.com/terminator/

Also, it may or may not be a spoiler so you might not want to see the it, but I found an interesting picture on IMDB from the new episode tonight. Is it my imagination or is she holding a LEGO robot?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2560791552/tt0851851
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! last time I check on Fox they didn't have it. Smile
RF Aurora

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I kinda spaced during last nights Sarah Conner Chronicles. Can any1 pm me with who died since it would take forever to stream with my connection?
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RF Aurora wrote:
Ok, I kinda spaced during last nights Sarah Conner Chronicles. Can any1 pm me with who died since it would take forever to stream with my connection?

Spoiler wrote:
Charlie's wife.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
I'm glad they fixed that little error they had in the old one, which I'm surprised lasted all season. It was the error where she says Skynet sent back two Terminators, one to kill John, and one to protect him. That doesn't make any sense and it always bothered me to hear it at the beginning of every episode.

So you missed the point that the series basically ignores the third movie? Perhaps they decided to change the intro after too many people were confused.

I don't think it was a "mistake".
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched every episode to date so far. The overall plot moves a little too slowly for my taste, and the idea of stretching out this in-between-movie storyline week after week may get tedious if they're not clever. But it's pretty good entertainment, with good production values, and they do a good job of keeping you on your seat.

One other thing. Ok, i can believe that they are 'on the run', but don't you think by now the LAPD might have a good description of them all? After all the car crashes, car-jackings, shootings etc, done in broad daylight without ANY disguise? You might want to bring along a bela clava or a wig or a fake mustache or maybe even sunglasses? The driver of the desert cable truck they just car-jacked and left with a bottle of water, you think he MIGHT file a police report? "Uh... thin brunette, guy with snake tatoo, other guy with short hair & oh yeah... bleeding blonde lady." My point is i'd like to see Sara & Co more on the run from the Police as well as the Terminators, echoing back to the T1 & T2 movies.

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
Also, it may or may not be a spoiler so you might not want to see the it, but I found an interesting picture on IMDB from the new episode tonight. Is it my imagination or is she holding a LEGO robot?

The Lego robot Riley built while John was 'asleep' was neat to see. I like them showing how John has to deal with not being able to have a personal life, but looking at the two actors together ruins the suspension of disbelief about them being in high school. The Riley actress looks too uh... mature maybe? Pick a younger actress for her uniqueness & acting ability, not for an increase in the T&A quota. (See also Smallville.)
Zombie Yuhas
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inzane wrote:
So you missed the point that the series basically ignores the third movie? Perhaps they decided to change the intro after too many people were confused.

I don't think it was a "mistake".

Nothing that I said has anything to do with the third movie, just with the show, and no, I didn't miss that.

I've actually gone back and listened to the intro again, and noticed I had it a bit wrong, but the error I was trying to point out was there.

The intro said Skynet sent some terminators to kill John, and one to protect him (and they showed Cameron on the screen when saying that, so I'm assuming they meant Cameron). Why would Skynet send a terminator to protect him? Skynet wants John dead. That's what didn't make sense. It was John and the resistance that sent Cameron back (And "Uncle Bob" in Terminator 2), not Skynet.
Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Yuhas wrote:
The intro said Skynet sent some terminators to kill John, and one to protect him (and they showed Cameron on the screen when saying that, so I'm assuming they meant Cameron). Why would Skynet send a terminator to protect him? Skynet wants John dead. That's what didn't make sense. It was John and the resistance that sent Cameron back (And "Uncle Bob" in Terminator 2), not Skynet.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I misinterpreted what you meant. Now it makes sense. And yeah you're right, saying "Skynet sent one to protect John" doesn't make sense.
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, tonight's episode was great, definately one of the better episodes of this season so far. I really like it when they alternate between the future and present wars, especially when there's a connection between the two. Without giving too much away, I really liked the character they used (from the military academy), and the story at the end was superb. Also, the interactions between Sarah and the boy really felt guinuine and heartfelt. And, although I worry it may be becoming cliche, the voiceover monologue during the battle was great. This is something this series has done well many times, and tonight was no exception.

Also, I'm always a fan of limited commercials. Wink
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plot with Sarah and the boy was kind of meh, wasn't that impressed with it. The other kid was pretty cool, the story at the end had me choke up a bit Sad
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch the latest episode?

I recorded it on the DVR and my dad and I watched it tonight. It was such a great episode. I thought the plot with John and the psychiatrist was really well done, and I really like that the characters have struggles and conflicts that don't involve action scenes. As much as I love the action scenes in this show, I just think it's great that John and Sarah have conflicts in their lives that don't directly involve terminators. There was so much character development.

I also really loved the whole Catherine Weaver plot. The girl that played her "daughter" was very good, and Shirley Manson did some really amazing acting this episode. I think she seriously deserves an Emmy or something for her acting in this episode.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God for DVR, have to watch it later on today Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: