FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Droid BattlePack Alt - Droid SpeederBike

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Droid BattlePack Alt - Droid SpeederBike Reply with quote

Desperate to build something, yet with no LEGO spread across my floor, I opted to redesign an existing set. Voila!

It's a speederbike, roughly based of my memory of a similar unit as the Trade Fed. Scout in Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. (Pic is link to Flickr)

Some more pics, of better quality than the one above, (sorry about that):
Rear 3/4 | Rear | Front | Top | Close-up | Empty

And there you have it. Enjoy, comments and constructive criticism are welcome, as always! Very Happy
CustomWiz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it....its simply, yet straightforward

CW
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's very good. Simple, but cool-looking and aerodynamic. And cute. Wink
I really like the overall shape (especially at the rear) and structure. Really neat, and surprisingly sleek for an alternative creation. The colours don't look bad at all, either. The plugging-hole is also a very nice detail.

The only thing that pokes my eye is the 1x2 plate with one stud at the nose; its sharp edges don't really fit with the otherwise so round and sleek look of the speeder. Razz
How bad would it look with only one saber handle and no plate?
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, sleek and simple. Nice work. Could you find a reference pic for the speeder it's based off? And I actually think the front with the 1x2 plate looks okay. The only thing I would suggest is making the grey bar longer, if possible.
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CustomWiz and Kaiba: Thanks! Very Happy

Galagoo: Cute indeed, but not so simple, I used up all 4 of the studs on the sides bricks and the travis. The plugginf hole was a late addition, and the front was originally covered by the 3rd 2x2 slopey thing, to give me room to add the 2x1 plate with the handle on it, so that the droid could pilot it. It didn't fit well, so I had to resort to this method.

With regards to your dislike of the steering vanes, I realise that tjhis method is blocky, but I wanted to simulate the appearance of twin vanes, and not just one. Due to the slim profile of the speeder, and to some extend the limited piece selection, I was forced to make do like this.

Chris36: Thanks, but the grey bar can't be made any longer, as it has to go through the cones and into another piece for solidy. My lightsaber blades from that set are weirdly loose. Here's a picture of the original speeder which inspired me to some degree:

Thanks for commenting! Very Happy
turtle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty cool little model.

It's original, clean, and works well with the droid minifig.

I also like this because it makes good use of the smaller pieces that would be left over if someone used all the bigger pieces as part of a ship or something.
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks turtle, you're right. This is just a little tablescrap, and if I had the pieces to build summat bigger, like a base, this would be a nice accompaniement.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, that's pretty nifty! I love how you've quite inventively used the unusual pieces to your advantage. My main beef is with the nose, but knowing how you had very limited pieces I salute you.

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: