FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Lost Bothan Brethren
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyjawa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has already been answered. Wink
renegade
Mysterious Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
I know full well this is an uber bump, but brining in the new year (weeks ago) got me thinking. And more and more recently I started thinking about some members that have been abscent for quite some time, and then more members. Some of which I actually really miss, here's just a short list, which I'm sure I could make bigger:

Jargon - last posted in june - Aaron was genuinely a great guy
Mikepsiaki - a year ago today - and I haven't seen any recent MOCs on Brickshelf, that in itself is a huge shame
Hair Jedi - june - who doesn't miss him. I know he had a family loss (mother I think), but that was a while before he left, and when he did, he just vanished
Pac Man - posted last in november - but I've been aware of far fewer posts by him before. And wasn't he a [MOD], and should therefore havbe the [VET] tag.
MandalorianCrush - july - I liked him, he was a nice guy, but can't remember him as much as the others
Obiwen - june - increadible shame she's gone. Moved on to bigger and better things
TsoAutTmo - nov. - haven't niticed his presense or his models
Ewok Mercenary For Hire - may - I think he posted last in this thread. I personally find it more annoying, bedause him not being here, apart from sucking royal, means one fewer Brit
R2-MB2AstromechMechanic - august 06 - ages ago, R2MB2 was a fantastic member as far as I can remember, and that's quite a while to remember back to
Mogstar - february - I just liked him, he was a good guy and nice member

I think the influx of more and more n00bs (no offence n00bs) over the last few months has caused this this more than anything else. I just think it's a great shame they've gone. I'm also sure a few members are yet to return after Christmas.

Sad

And Austin. He's barely let the door hit him in the ample (yet supple) posterior and I am all too aware of his abscence.

Good lord Joe, I haven't posted in a while either and you didn't include me. Makes an old man feel unwanted around here.

Actually over the last (3, has it really been 3 years?) lot's of good members have left, and lot's have grown up. Some of us have fought and never liked one another, some of us have fought and become tolerant if not good friends (here's a hail out to forcemaster).

Lots of the folks I enjoyed bantering with early on are gone. Too many of the new folks don't seem to be on the same page. Probably a passing of interest and change of blood. That is good for any place as long as the new blood picks up the torch and carries on.

But I still miss a lot of folks round these parts.....

In a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat, With a red right hand
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap it, I knew I'd end up leaving someonen out who I shouldn't have...
Sorry dude.
The Sissy CSI

Location: In the days before custom avatars... Real name: The Sissy Jedi...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegade wrote:
Actually over the last (3, has it really been 3 years?) lot's of good members have left, and lot's have grown up. Some of us have fought and never liked one another, some of us have fought and become tolerant if not good friends

That happened with me and Fetty. Smile
JLP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...I too miss Hoochie (though I still talk to her on AIM!)
Darth Syllius is right up there on the list too.
oh, and ObiWen (but I still talk to her alot too)
Jargon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConanTheLibrarian89 wrote:
How do you have a school without internet access?

There's more to the story than that, but I'll just say that I rarely have access to the Internet for personal/entertainment activities.
    -Aaron

Andrew wrote:
You're the dead cat of love
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been active here since January, but it's nice to know that I wasn't missed. I may make a return soon as the summer is only a week away for me.

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go all emo on us, Paul, you should note that this thread hasn't been active since January either save one post today. Razz

If believing we all hate you makes ya feel more special, though, pay no mind to me. Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLP wrote:
Yes...I too miss Hoochie (though I still talk to her on AIM!)
Darth Syllius is right up there on the list too.
oh, and ObiWen (but I still talk to her alot too)

Hey JLP! Very Happy (Where's the waving emoticon?) What's up my old friend?

I'm still here. Check the NHL thread, or the Battlestar Galactica thread, or the Canadian Finds thread, etc. I just pick my spots more nowadays.

Good to see you again JLP! Live Long and Prosper! Make it so, numba one! Wink Cool
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
Before you go all emo on us, Paul, you should note that this thread hasn't been active since January either save one post today. Razz

If believing we all hate you makes ya feel more special, though, pay no mind to me. Wink

haha, what I said was actually a joke, I really don't mind. I looked at it afterwards and thought it needed smilies, but then I was too lazy to edit it.

But instead of going on about it, I'd like to say that it's not so much the specific people that I miss, it's the closeness and the conversation of the community at large that I miss.

Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jargon wrote:
ConanTheLibrarian89 wrote:
How do you have a school without internet access?

There's more to the story than that, but I'll just say that I rarely have access to the Internet for personal/entertainment activities.
    -Aaron

Hoooly crap.
ed_dotcom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too sure if anyone mentioned me here, but I am still alive... just working/living in the UK right now... it's been a long few years... been working all over the globe the past few years (Kuwait, Iraq, Afganistan, Texas, and now the UK.)... I live within 15 miles of LEGOland (in Windsor)... true story... Wink

Life is Good.

~ed.

My BrickLink Store
Force Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renegade wrote:
(here's a hail out to forcemaster).

Thanks for the nod buddy.

As many of you guys know, life gets busier and busier. Trying to fit any of my favorite hobbies has been a hassle as of late, but I do find a few minutes every couple of days to see whatís going on around here. Technically, I havenít left. I just donít post as much as Iíd like to.

This place has changed dramatically from a couple of years ago (for better and worse I suppose). Iíve eagerly been waiting for a MOC from one of our veteran builders such as warhawk, lowlead and mikepsiaki to pop up soon. I also miss Daz and Collinís posts around here. However there are many members here to keep us satisfied until the veterans return, such as RebleRock. Not only is he one of the great builders on this site, he also builds new MOCs frequently which keeps us all entertained on a steady basis. Thatís nice.

With the school semester ending soon, Iím going to be getting more hours at my job, so Iíll still be ďbusyĒ. But no studying means more building, right? Iím in the middle of planning my biggest MOC ever as well and canít wait to share it with you guys. Smile

Click the pic to view my bricks.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force Master wrote:
renegade wrote:
(here's a hail out to forcemaster).

Thanks for the nod buddy.

Very nice to see you again, I do love that avatar as well

Quote:
As many of you guys know, life gets busier and busier. Trying to fit any of my favorite hobbies has been a hassle as of late, but I do find a few minutes every couple of days to see whatís going on around here. Technically, I havenít left. I just donít post as much as Iíd like to.

Life's a fine young lady, and I suppose that could also cover me, if not shy of a few minutes

Quote:
This place has changed dramatically from a couple of years ago (for better and worse I suppose). Iíve eagerly been waiting for a MOC from one of our veteran builders such as warhawk, lowlead and mikepsiaki to pop up soon. I also miss Daz and Collinís posts around here. However there are many members here to keep us satisfied until the veterans return, such as RebleRock. Not only is he one of the great builders on this site, he also builds new MOCs frequently which keeps us all entertained on a steady basis. Thatís nice.

There's not one part of that part I don't agree with, especially Reto, sooooooooo can't wait to see his next creation.

Quote:
But no studying means more building, right? Iím in the middle of planning my biggest MOC ever as well and canít wait to share it with you guys. Smile

Can't wait.

And you, you who shares my name...(unless you're Edmund, not Edward)
ed_dotcom wrote:
Not too sure if anyone mentioned me here, but I am still alive... just working/living in the UK right now... it's been a long few years... been working all over the globe the past few years (Kuwait, Iraq, Afganistan, Texas, and now the UK.)... I live within 15 miles of LEGOland (in Windsor)... true story... Wink

Life is Good.

~ed.

To me you are purely the stuff of legend, it is only in the very vaguest of the vague senses that I can only vaguely remember your presence here (it's a good thing, I swear). So it's nice to see you post.
Force Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:

Very nice to see you again, I do love that avatar as well

Thanks, but all credit for my bubble Aston Martin goes to m19. (Another member greatly missed.)

Click the pic to view my bricks.
Angry_Jawa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh...I joined a little over a year and a half ago and this is my first post in quite a while. I guess I hit a dark age and replaced LEGO with guitars and various other musical instruments. Anyway, I was never a huge poster, mainly a lurker, but I remember a lot of you and miss a lot of those who left.

A lot has happened in my life since I've stopped posting, including getting my permit, being in several stage productions, and getting involved with a couple girls. Wink

So I just wanted to drop in and say hello to all the new members and goodbye to some of the oldie goldies.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force Master wrote:
I also miss Daz and Collinís posts around here.

I'm still here. But Like Sillyus, I pick my spots nowadays. I do roam around the B/S/T/F section almost everyday, but my 7 months old's son and my work keep me really busy each day, so I don't have the time to deliver my usual direct and often sarcastic comments as much as I would like to≠.

But be reassured that I'm still here, and I'm still really into LEGO. Wink

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuťLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force Master wrote:
...m19. (Another member greatly missed.)

I'm still here, too!

I generally check FBTB every day but like many others though, it would seem, my posting frequency has dropped drastically for many of the same reasons. Although I'm not that chatty anymore, I had a temporary steampunk MOCing burst and actually built more in the past month or so than I have in the entire previous year. Shocked

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Enigma
Lazy Hippy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Looks left, looks right*

-Jordan

Enigma? Flickr? Word...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Curb stomps Enigma*

Wink

Enigma
Lazy Hippy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlasticJedi wrote:
*Curb stomps Enigma*

Wink

I won't go into detail about my untimely demise.

-Jordan

Enigma? Flickr? Word...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
allaboutgarrett

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top few are Hoochie, Gareth, Cedarsith, ObiWen, and cm2.

Oh, and Teddy. Anyone remember him from the ezboard days?
Man, was he fun to poke fun at!
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enigma, you've become too much of a lazy hippy.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
allaboutgarrett

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, how could I not forget Caleb (Darth Miller)? I spent ages chatting with him a few years ago.
The Garbage Man

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I missed myself. Hello all Smile .
ObiWen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:

Obiwen - june - increadible shame she's gone. Moved on to bigger and better things

OMG, I have missed you guys so very much. Well, after a year absence, I am back (I apoligize for bringing back an old thead). I'd love to catch up with some of you, I'll be around the forums from now on as well as please feel free to shoot me an E-mail or IM!

<3 Wendy
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurray. You came back, lets hope more follow suit. We have chat now too, if you're interested.

And I'm all for this thread being reopened and reopened, it kinda shows we care. Smile
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always nice to know that my absences go under the radar and no one even notices Wink
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed if that counts for anything Razz after you posted about it

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkguy19 wrote:
Its always nice to know that my absences go under the radar and no one even notices Wink

Well there's no shortage of other people to help fill the jerk quota. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: