FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contest Entry: Vindicator Class Star Dreadnought

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Contest Entry: Vindicator Class Star Dreadnought Reply with quote

This is my contest entry for Clashie's mini starship contest, which I'll admit I built quite some time ago but still remains among my favourite mini MOCs and fits all specifications!

(click for flickr page)

Backstory:

The Vindicator's basic frame was based upon the Super-class Star Destroyer, though the end result was somewhat different. The Marshal made steps to have several ion cannons installed, as well as beefed-up armour.

The result was a real ship to be feared: not only could it perform orbital bombardment on its own while defending against starfighter attacks, its ion cannons could easily take on capital ships of similar class, previously unheard of in Star Destroyers.

Construction took place in the Grand Marshal's secret facility near the planet of Cytosar, under the supervision of Kuat Drive Yards officials. The flagship, christened Darasuum after the Grand Marshal, was finished within a year.

The ship held extensive crew's quarters, massive drill arenas, hangars and an advanced communications suite in the bridge.

It functioned as a keeper of the order during the brief reign of the Marshal as the Emperor, tasked with looking for resistance and destroying it if detected anywhere, with whichever means necessary. The Grand Marshal often held court in the Darasuum, and the Rebels took advantage of that. In an incredible attack, a mixed-arms fleet destoyed the Darasuum when it was orbiting Yavin 4, killing all on board - excluding the Grand Marshal, who was dispatched later.

Nevertheless, the Darasuum was mantained as a feared name throughout the New Republic, and soon dozens of Vindicators were employed near Iego, commanded by a mysterious Sith Lord along with the Marshal's successor.

The Darasuum served as a platform for Kuat Drive Yard's experiments with other Star Destroyer variants, and eventually led to the design of the Eclipse-Class Star Dreadnought which served under the command of the cloned Emperor Palpatine.

Shameless plug alert: For more on the complicated backround surrounding the Grand Marshal fanon story, please visit this link to a comic project I'm working on with one of my best friends.

><>
LightsaberClash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, nice model, and great backstory Smile

-Aaron
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Cool

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much guys!

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: