FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading post and Starship for Clashie's competition

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgerboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Trading post and Starship for Clashie's competition Reply with quote

^ Click image for gallery when moderated.

The Spacestation
I'm seeing this being like a huge shopping centre mall on a city kind of scale... If you're a space pirate and you tear a hole in your trousers/pants then this is where you come. Each "arm/tower/facility" has many shops etc. You can buy everything from Spice to Space parts and more besides. There are markets, bars to do deals in, hotels etc. etc. here, "Come on, dock in, we've got it all!"

The Starship
A cruiser like the rebel blockade runner or the republic cruiser. Has a piggy-back landing craft for planet drops. I'm seeing this as a multi-purpose ship - trading or transportation.

I don't really know, I'm just guessing but it's worth it for a laugh! All comments very gratefully received!
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both look nice, but that Space Station is very groovy. Can't wait until it's public to see more.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Both are the best ones I've seen yet for either contest! They are....Bricktabulous! Simple amazing! I love that space station, and the little, um, 'legs', on the landing craft look cool too! Razz

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Thats, thats amazing!! My favourite one is the space station. Looks so clean and nice and perfect. The towers kinda remind me of a mix of cloudcity meets Courisant.
And the cruiser is good too. It looks Very professionally done.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not as big as Mr Yoder's, this has a lot of great details. The bumble pattern really sticks out, so add more color or tone that down.

"Bulbous" That was my first though with all of it's rounded shaping. And that is pretty weird to say about lego. It needs landing gear
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And THAT is exactly why I am not even bothering to enter the space station part of the contest.

Very very very nice with both models.
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome works. Your spacestation is making me think twice about entering. But thanks for some ideas!

-Nannan

Brickshelf | Bricklink
badgerboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I'm thinking about changing that bumble pattern - I think it does stand out a bit too much.

I couldn't get a landing gear I liked the look of and I wanted to submit early to get a gauge of what people thought of what I was doing, bearing in mind all you comments, I'll have a tinker!

On a very serious note. I'd hate to think that my submission would discourage anyone from entering - come on, have a shot - there's nothing to lose, there is always going to be something you can do that others hadn't thought of! That's the joy of these contests - entering and then going, "Awww, I wish I'd done that!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: