FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entry for the Attack Droid contest

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Entry for the Attack Droid contest Reply with quote

Oh my, I'm posting a MOC here. It's my first time! Very Happy

Anyhow.. After developing ideas for the attack droid contest, I in some phase decided to build not one, but three or four models and then decide which of them will be my candidate. One idea (mouse droid with treads) I had to dismiss, and the other changed quite much during the developing time.
If I had more time, I'd ask you with which of these I should participate to the contest, but because the deadline is tomorrow, I just show these to you and go with my favourite one. Razz

--------------------------------------------------------

1) R-3 Heavy Assault Recon droid

A successor of R-1 recon droid, R-3 is a heavy recon droid, made by Arakyd Indrusties for scouting behind the enemy lines, patroling in hostile cities or attacking in straight assaults.
The armament of R-3 consisted two large blaster cannons and four smaller arc casters (short guns shooting a short-ranged wawe of electricity) to stun or kill the enemy. Though armor-plating protected the droid well, as well as it's great agility; R-3 had in its back side two turbo buusters, which used the heat generated by the powerful weapon systems to thrust the droid forwards.

The back of the beast with turbo boosters
A shot from above

2) Pistoeka-2 Assault and Assassination droid

Pistoeka sabotage droid (aka Buzz droid) was a droid widely used by CIS and later by criminals and pirate groups. One day a Clicoid engineer-desinger from the Colicoid Creation Nest came up with an idea: why not making an upgraded assault version of Buzz droid? The Empire heard about this and ordered the engineer to desing the droid for them. So the Pistoeka-2 was born.
Keeping the main desing same, the colicoid increased speed, agility and maneuverability(sp?) of the droid. The armament changed, too. While Buzz droid had many tools for sabotaging, they weren't really useful in combat. So the colicoid engineer gave the droid only a small but powerful blaster cannon and a plasma torch to open locked doors and burn enemies' flesh, the rest limbs being still capable in tearing things apart. Light armament made the droid lighter, faster and agiler.

Overall shot
Side shot
Back shot
Plasma torch in action

3) XDF-06 Shade droid

A smaller cousin to the Imperial cyborg-fighter Shadow Droid, Shade Droid is a small atmosphere-only droid fighter for agile strikes.
Armed with four blaster cannons and two smaller ion cannons, Shade droid has a large firepower in its use when it speeds up with two poweful engines.

Overall shot
Front shot
Back shot
Side shot
Belly shot
Above shot

4) VAA-5 Dragonfly droid

The VAA-5(Versatile Aerial Assault) Dragonfly droid is a advanced battledroid capable of fighting in air and on ground in nearly any condition. Armed with two massive blaster cannons and powerful gripping-tearing claws, Dragonfly droid is desinged especially for hit-and-run missions, but it's also able to fight in straight strikes and close-combat. Two jet engines and the tail used in maneuvering ensure that the droid is extremely fast and agile.

Overall shot
Front shot
Side shot
Back shot
Belly shot
Above shot
Legs in flyin position
Trooper's best friend
"Look, boy. A rebel scum!"
"AaaAAaarghfff.."
"Good boy, good boy."

So, there they are. Comments and Constructive Critisism are welcome. Smile
Gallery when moderated.

BTW, "Antlion droid" was one possible name for Dragonfly droid, way before I saw Olog's model. Wink
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me:

1 is my favorite
2 looks too much like a buzz droid (not very original)
3 is also pretty cool, but looks like a micro-scale vehicle
4 is nice, but has too much going on

I'd go with #1, since it's compact yet looks menacing. I would take that and enhance it.
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, GIR. Smile

2 is supposed to look like Buzz droid, it was mainly an experimentation of using droid hands as legs. Not very serious entry, actually.

Number 4, on the other hand, is my personal favourite. It's like my own puppy whose lacks I'm blind to. Smile
What do you exactly mean by "it has too much going on"?

I'm still not sure which one I'll choose, 1 or 4.. Razz
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, number 4 has three different colors in stark contrast to eachother, it looks a little thrown together, like lacking a color scheme. I like the design, but it has black then light gray the dark grey don't really flow nicely.

If you could make it have a smoother color scheme, it would look a lot better (to me anyway.)
Nannan Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
Well, number 4 has three different colors in stark contrast to eachother, it looks a little thrown together, like lacking a color scheme. I like the design, but it has black then light gray the dark grey don't really flow nicely.

If you could make it have a smoother color scheme, it would look a lot better (to me anyway.)

GIR put it nicely, I'd go with number 1 or 3.

Brickshelf | Bricklink
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colour scheme of number 4 is quite planned, actually. I have those harpoon guns only in dark grey, and I couldn't find all the pieces in black or light grey. This was the best colour scheme I could come up with, with black on the bottom and front and light grey on the back and bellyside.

But I think I'll trust your words and go with number 1. I won't be winning, that's for sure, but who cares. Smile
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like #3. I also liek #2 it looks like a more advanced model of the buzz droid. Good job! Cool

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: