FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Phoenix (my newest smuggling moc)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Z

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: The Phoenix (my newest smuggling moc) Reply with quote

This is my newest mock for the community build. its main purpose is cargo but its somewhere in between a freighter and a starfighter.
Here is the back story:

The Phoenix was originally named The Blue Phoenix but Thrain, the pilot/owner, decided to leave the "Blue" part out until the ship was returned to its original state. The Blue Phoenix was making a crucial run of non-illegal cargo when a rival smuggler caught Thrain by surprise and did some damage to the ship, knocking out all of his main thrusters. Luckily he was not too far from the ground but it was far enough to nearly destroy the outer parts of The Phoenix. All that was left that was usable was the frame of the ship, the deflector shields, and the cockpit. Thrain, an imperial vet., was handy with not only customizing ships but rebuilding things (almost) exactly the way they were without schematics. He found scrap parts and turned them into functional parts for his ship. Now, although it looks bad, it flies well and is the way it is.

There will be more pics but for right now their on Flickr
Coments? Critisism? thx guys ::D: Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
General Veers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks nice, but how sturdy is it?
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The birdseye view showed a nice shape. The other side view made it look like a box. Maybe you have the pieces for a more sloped side shape. I love seeing removable panels, but fill them with something (look up Greeble Studies). You could put more purpose on when and where you use different colors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the comments. i wanted to put greebles on the sides but it was supposed to look simple due to the crash it went through (see backstory abuv) i am going to make The Blue Phoenix as it is supposed to be now that i have the basic shape done. i just have to make the non black parts black and figure out how to make blue flames on the sides Very Happy Wink hope i can do like i plan to. Rolling Eyes thx alot guys and glad you like it.

Chris

(edit: BTW its very stable except for the landing gear which is only temproary [sp?])
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: