FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eddie gets pimped (or The Funky Chunky Munky)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bohman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Eddie gets pimped (or The Funky Chunky Munky) Reply with quote

After his school was destroyed, I tried to talk a bit with Eddie about it. He told me nothing, so I decided to let it be. In the meantime Eddie built a powerful little ship. He didn't like the look of it, so he somehow got it on the popular show Pimp My Ship. Now Eddie likes the look of it, but unfortunately it also gave him the confidence to declare that he doesn't need me. He left my apartment this morning; said he knew some guy in Canada or something. I tell you - that MTV isn't good for the youngsters. Just look at the name he gave it - the Funky Chunky Munky!

I only hope he'll make it out in the big world. I don't want him to end up in a gang or something. Be a good head, Eddie.

Mocpages - Brickshelf

Let me know what you think!
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the supports just to hold it up for display, or a functional part of the ship? They just really look jarring on there, and pull away from some of the other wonderful details.

Never mind, answered my question in the gallery. It looks so much better with the gear up. I just don't like those gear down, even if it's to hold it.

I'm not sold on the color scheme, simply because of the highlights. You have the red/orange thing going, which I think is great for the whole "hotrod" theme. The blue at the back just looks out of place by comparison.

I love that chrome strip running down the top. On that note, I think the intakes should be moved in line with those, simply because it'd look like an old T-Bird. Remember, on a hot rod, raw power and "the look" is more important than driver view.

The body is a very interesting and unique shape, but the engine, once I got a look, just seems underwhelming. If the flame-jacket was in a different color, say, orange or red, then there should just be one absolutely mammoth engine back there. As you have it, there are a cluster of piddly little engines to push this guy along. Those should be the little NOS like system, not the whole thing. You have a hot-rod here, and the most important thing in a hotrod is that big block to drive the sucker.

The greebling along the body looks good, as if the thing was basically a little cockpit strapped to a giant engine. That's maybe why the rear looks so dissapointing once you see it.

Great model, a few little touchups and little Eddie will be ready for that yearbook page once he plows the thing into a space tree doing 190k per hour in a 55.
Lego Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is really cool- I love the chrome. Very Happy
Count Blacktron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that a lot. It has the look of raw power. To me, it seems that you captured both the look of 1930s racing planes and the design of an under-wing jet engine. TFCM looks neat-o!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know...when I first saw the engine concept a while back, I was hoping for a little bit more. The construction is clever and clean of course (classic Bohman style) but the design is not very striking. My favorite part has to be the 'skinning' - this is the best use of the old lever-in-the-grill trick that I've seen. The black bars on the sides are cool as well.

I agree with dWhisper about the engine; while I love black/light blue, I think red or orange would look better here. The brighter color would define the shape better and make it look more exciting.

Certainly not my favorite Bohman creation, but still a great model - if I didn't have such high expectations of you, Linus, I wouldn't be able to find a single flaw. Wink
Bohman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the replies and comments guys! You've really given me some excellent feedback here - it's great. Keep it up!

dWhisper: I built the whole thing wanting it too look like a giant engine with a small cockpit. Perhaps I could have strengthened that look even more so that it doesn't look like a cluster of engines in the back. As for the colours, there is a simple explanation: light blue was the only colour in which I had so many slopes Wink. I think it works pretty good myself - makes it a bit more unusual - but it might just have been better to get hold of some slopes in a different colour.

Ben: (First off, I hope you don't mind I call you by (what I assume) is your real name? I just like to do that, especially with people I come in contact regularly. If I shouldn't, just let me know and I'll stop.)

I'm glad you hold me to so high standards, and that you point out what you don't like. Though I have to admit, I now feel the pressure Wink. I have had a few comments regarding colour choice on this one, and I can definitely see what everybody mean. I assume it was the light blue you disliked?

The engine doodle is a bit big for me to incorporate in another way in a moc. My collection is pretty small. Perhaps I'll take it up again sometime in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback!
puffzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool!! I like the color scheme a lot! The only thing I would suggest for the colors, is the get rid of the pieces with flames on them. The black, tan, and blue just doesnt go with the yellow, orange, and red of the flames. I like the idea of having one large engine. It makes it look powerful and fast. Overall, what a great creation you have their. Keep the sweet work up!

Oh, just one question. Is their a hole going through the entire engine? Or is it blocked off? Its hard to tell by the pics, since you dont provide us with a head on shot. Thanks!
Bohman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late answer puffdaddy - been a rough couple of days. To answer your question: yes, there is a hole straight through it. It makes it look slightly more like a big engine that way, methinks.

Thanks for the look!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: